PDA

View Full Version : Gehrig Ball

eastonfalcon19
03-24-2017, 05:12 AM
Need opinions on this Gehrig ball. Thanks for any feedback.

eastonfalcon19
03-24-2017, 05:14 AM
Damn it sorry I thought I posted this in the autograph section.

daves_resale_shop
03-24-2017, 05:29 AM
Looks like one of the reproduction balls that they sell on eBay. Seem holes look freshly punched, an the cover has way too much life to it.

No good in my opinion...

As an fyi, I bought one of these balls for ha ha's and was incredibly surprised at how good they look...

khkco4bls
03-24-2017, 07:02 AM
The one thing that stands out for me is if you look at a reach American League Baseball the letters are in a very deep blue color this ball is all black. Also Gehrig's name is in the same color as the other lettering, which leads me to believe it's a stamped Ball

Shoeless Moe
03-24-2017, 07:39 AM
473% fake

show the Ban Johnson stamped signature side. that's the kicker.

Aquarian Sports Cards
03-24-2017, 07:42 AM
Plus what would that have been signed in? Ball Points weren't around in Gehrig's lifetime and that sure doesn't look like fountain pen.

keithsky
03-24-2017, 08:59 AM
If this is one of those reproduction balls that was on eBay, that was the problem I was figuring was going to happen at some point when these fake things hit the market that innocent people we're going to buy these thinking they were real because of how good they look and didn't get them authenticated where they think they now have a Lou Gehrig or Babe Ruth baseball in their collection paying thousands of dollars for a piece of garbage it just seemed like it was going to be a problem when they first came out. Even if it was just meant for a novelty it's still in my opinion a problem where somebody is going to get screwed because it's such a good reproduction and since it's been a couple years I think since the guy on eBay put those out where things have died down a little bit with those that new EBay people haven't seen them or know anything about them

eastonfalcon19
03-24-2017, 10:43 AM
Thanks everyone for the feedback...my uncle asked me.this was at an auction.

w7imel
03-24-2017, 10:55 PM
Reproduction for sure!!!

sporteq
03-28-2017, 12:09 PM
I see ZERO pressure points, which is present on authentic signed baseballs.