PDA

View Full Version : New member with card inventory question?

chalupacollects
03-18-2017, 12:38 PM
Hello everyone,

New to the board here though I have been eyeballing for several years. Long time hoarder/collector trying to find a way to starting an inventory of stuff I will always keep. I remember a couple of years ago there were a couple of software packages out there that were update-able but did not seem complete.

Other than creating a massive spreadsheet are there any other softwares or services out there that can get a net54 stamp of approval?

Thanks,
Tim

mrvster
03-18-2017, 02:31 PM
there should be a lot of responses to your question soon:)

swarmee
03-18-2017, 04:06 PM
Beckett has the largest list of cards in print, and there used to be a website called Zistle that you could catalog your collection on, but Beckett bought it and seems to have closed it.

http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/baseball/1096553-zistle-completely-gone.html

shernan30
03-18-2017, 05:11 PM
No help from me since I'm a big excel file guy. I keep it saved in DropBox so I can access it from my phone at shows and even at work from my computer. I always need it at work for my breaks and whenever a new BST thread is started.

chalupacollects
03-18-2017, 05:33 PM
ok thanks mrvster...actually site is still up so I will dig into it and see if its workable for me...

Leon
03-27-2017, 11:22 AM
I am ancient but use a flat form excel spreadsheet for my current collection and have a website to display most of it. There is also a pretty good place on this forum to keep quite a few things. It is the picture albums under the community tab. Lots of members take advantage of it. And it's free.

Hello everyone,

New to the board here though I have been eyeballing for several years. Long time hoarder/collector trying to find a way to starting an inventory of stuff I will always keep. I remember a couple of years ago there were a couple of software packages out there that were update-able but did not seem complete.

Other than creating a massive spreadsheet are there any other softwares or services out there that can get a net54 stamp of approval?

Thanks,
Tim

BobbyVCP
03-27-2017, 11:50 AM
VCP has a My Collection feature that is free to sign up and use.

KMayUSA6060
03-27-2017, 12:05 PM
Another Excel Spreadsheet guy, but I use Google Sheets, which allows me to access it from anywhere that has an internet connection or cell service. Very similar to DropBox mentioned above.

Eventually, I would like to catalog my collection with scans, and will be in the market for a scanner. I'm interested to see the other responses to this thread.

gemmint77
03-27-2017, 03:48 PM
I use Sports Card Album to post my collection. Easy to use and has a free app.

Gamebits
03-27-2017, 10:45 PM
www.kardmania.com

DHogan
03-28-2017, 04:03 PM
Here's another free site.

http://www.sportscarddatabase.com/default.aspx

spaidly
03-28-2017, 04:36 PM
I use Google Sheets and like how I can work on my checklists using my iPad -- my preferred leisure time digital device.

Another Excel Spreadsheet guy, but I use Google Sheets, which allows me to access it from anywhere that has an internet connection or cell service. Very similar to DropBox mentioned above.

Eventually, I would like to catalog my collection with scans, and will be in the market for a scanner. I'm interested to see the other responses to this thread.

symbebekos
03-28-2017, 04:49 PM
I've actually started using Airtable (airtable.com) over Excel because it has a nice phone app and is particularly good at handling images.