PDA

View Full Version : Working on autographed Topps cards from the 60s and 70s?

swarmee
03-13-2017, 07:25 PM
Figured I would offer up this tip for you if you're working on 60s and 70s Topps cards autographed by the player. I know not everyone loves Dean's Cards, but they list autographed cards on COMC for about $5/each for commons, more for stars (like $30 for a 1960 Topps Kaline).
They're not too easy to find, because COMC's search engine doesn't allow you to look for cards they've marked "Altered", which is how the Dean's provided autograph cards show up.
I found the following listed today: 8 from 1972 Topps, 25 from 1971 Topps, 6 from 1960 Topps, and over 50 from the 1975 Topps set.
Here's how I find them: Search for the set by finding a regular card from the set, and then click the set name from that card's page. Next, reduce the sellers down to just Dean's Cards. Then sort by card number and show 100 per page. Then use "CTRL-F" in your browser to open up the find window, and type in "Altered." That will show you the ones on the page that are autographed. Then keep paging through the set. Add the ones you need to your cart, and check out all at once, or buy them with store credit and have them stay at COMC until you're ready to ship them.

The reason I mention it is because I bought a few cards from Dean's with autos (1969 Rollie Fingers RC, 1971 Greg Luzinski RC, 1976 Gary Carter, 1954 Bobby Shantz, 1955 Bowman Sid Gordon) and all passed the PSA authentication this week.

Trading Card Primary SubjectRollie Fingers Result/GradeAuthentic
Trading Card Primary SubjectGreg Luzinski Result/GradeAuthentic
Trading Card Primary SubjectSid Gordon Result/GradeAuthentic
Trading Card Primary SubjectBobby Shantz Result/GradeAuthentic
Trading Card Primary SubjectGary Carter Result/GradeAuthentic