PDA

View Full Version : Has This Become The New BST?

Buythatcard
03-07-2017, 11:52 AM
I have noticed recently on the Memorabilia forum and on this forum, that people are posting about their upcoming big purchases. They also say that they will be selling the stuff soon. This sounds like they are using this forum to promote their sales.

Shouldn't this be in the BST forum?

I don't have a problem with this as long as other Sellers can mention what they will be selling.

If this is ok, then I will also promote my most recent purchase.

Leon
03-07-2017, 11:59 AM
It has always been more slack in selling things on the front page of the memorabilia side. A little bit of it has always been permitted, if I am not mistaking? I think if you do it in moderation it's ok....but I wouldn't want that page to be over run with for sale stuff either. Happy Collecting...

Edited to add, no, no one will be permitted to list their new for sale purchases, outright, on the front page of the forum, and as being for sale. I wouldn't want that to be lost in the communication.

I have noticed recently on the Memorabilia forum and on this forum, that people are posting about their upcoming big purchases. They also say that they will be selling the stuff soon. This sounds like they are using this forum to promote their sales.

Shouldn't this be in the BST forum?

I don't have a problem with this as long as other Sellers can mention what they will be selling.

If this is ok, then I will also promote my most recent purchase.

thecatspajamas
03-07-2017, 08:31 PM
I am of the opinion (my opinion, I don't make the rules) that any post outside the BST should first and foremost contribute something in the way of general information, hobby-related knowledge and/or discussion. If the poster then offers the item for sale at the end, okay, but I don't read the main boards for sales solicitations. I appreciate that there is a separate BST section for that.

If it ever got to the point where even half of the posts were of the ware-hawking sort, my interest in Net54 would be greatly diminished, and I would probably look elsewhere for my hobby reading.