talkinbaseball
03-03-2017, 03:13 PM
Eagles / Fleetwood Mac,

What are your thoughts?

john

The-Cardfather
03-04-2017, 01:29 AM
I dunno.....
The Eagles without Glen Frey just wouldn't be the same.

irv
03-04-2017, 03:07 PM
Eagles / Fleetwood Mac,

What are your thoughts?

john

I'd go see both in a heartbeat. If I had to choose, that's a tough one, but I think I'd lean towards the Eagles, even without Glen.

talkinbaseball
03-04-2017, 04:02 PM
do you think Vince Gill or Jackson Browne in the lineup?

john

talkinbaseball
03-11-2017, 09:44 AM
Looks like it's going to be the Eagles, Steely Dan & the Doobie Brothers at Citi Field in late July.

john

Paul S
03-11-2017, 02:09 PM
Looks like it's going to be the Eagles, Steely Dan & the Doobie Brothers at Citi Field in late July.

john

Maybe Skunk will play with both the Dan and the Doobs.

Snapolit1
03-12-2017, 09:06 AM
Thought Henley went on record very quickly that the Eagles were gone and never to tour again? Surpising.

talkinbaseball
03-12-2017, 11:25 AM
The Baby Boomers are starting to age, and we don't want to let it go yet, The demand is still there for the Eagles to continue, even though we all know it won't be the same without Glenn, like Bob Seger said in his song, we all have to move on.
John

irv
03-14-2017, 08:47 AM
Thought Henley went on record very quickly that the Eagles were gone and never to tour again? Surpising.

A lot of bands say that in the heat of the moment but then realize, after things have settled or cooled down, that this is their life and if the demand is there, then why not carry on.

Everyone needs something to do, a hobby, a sport, a vocation, despite likely having more money than they know what to do with.

2dueces
03-14-2017, 11:45 AM
My 2 concerts slated for this year
March 31st Skinner
July 9th Journey

irv
03-14-2017, 12:33 PM
My 2 concerts slated for this year
March 31st Skinner
July 9th Journey

I assume you mean, Skynyrd?

Without a doubt, my favorite band! :)

bnorth
03-14-2017, 01:25 PM
I assume you mean, Skynyrd?

Without a doubt, my favorite band! :)

He probably does mean Skinner. Nothing like Skynyrd but they are good.:)

irv
03-14-2017, 05:34 PM
He probably does mean Skinner. Nothing like Skynyrd but they are good.:)

I looked up Skinner earlier but didn't find anything so I assumed he meant Lynyrd Skynyrd?

I just re-looked but typed Skinner the band instead.

Needless to say, they are nothing like Skynyrd like you mentioned! :eek:

RichardSimon
03-21-2017, 07:16 AM
The festival is two days with Fleetwood Mac headlining the first day and the Eagles headlining the second day. More acts will be added.
The promoters are hoping to make this an annual event.

2dueces
03-27-2017, 01:17 PM
LOL. Sorry guys. I am seeing Lynyrd Skynyrd Friday. Haven't a clue who Skinner is. I purchased tickets in September for this so the time has finally drawn near.

2dueces
04-03-2017, 12:59 PM
Skynyrd still rocks the house. Drummer and guitars were awesome. Johnny Van Zant still has it. It's great to go to a concert and know every song. saw them before the plane crash and now after. Awesome show!.

Stampsfan
04-12-2017, 01:45 PM
I dunno.....
The Eagles without Glen Frey just wouldn't be the same.

100% agree.

First time I saw them was in 1976. Row 15 on the floor. This young up and comer opened for them that nobody on the Eastern Seaboard had really heard of. Jimmy Buffett. Cost of the ticket was $7.50, and I was making about three bucks an hour sloggin' deli sandwiches while going to school.

Years later, they were the first touring act to ever charge $100 a ticket. Their promoter at the time decided to try it, after watching tickets on the secondary market go for about that price. Now today, the prices of live sports and entertainment costs can be pointed back to that experiment.

Hell must have frozen over again.

irv
04-14-2017, 01:07 PM
Skynyrd still rocks the house. Drummer and guitars were awesome. Johnny Van Zant still has it. It's great to go to a concert and know every song. saw them before the plane crash and now after. Awesome show!.

You're a lucky man! I have yet to see them but it is definitely on the bucket list.

pawpawdiv9
04-15-2017, 09:03 AM
Billy Joel coming to SunTrust Park...OMG!!!!
At the new Braves Stadium....OMG!! FRI. APRIL 28th 8pm

Snapolit1
04-23-2017, 09:51 AM
Seeing U2 at Met Life this summer. Have seen them probably 15 times, including the student center at SUNY Albany on their first visit ever to the US. Bono can be a bit of a gasbag but they are an amazing band.

basesareempty
05-01-2017, 06:22 AM
Seeing Don Henley at National Harbor then later this summer Steve Miller Band with Peter Frampton.

talkinbaseball
05-01-2017, 04:45 PM
Good luck with the Don Henley concert, we saw him last year. It was awesome, he a had a 15 pcs. band, with some great background singers.

Is anyone going to Citi Field to see the Eagles on July 29th?

John