PDA

View Full Version : Shout out to stand up guy : new member nolasaints

botport
02-28-2017, 10:32 AM
I wanted to report a very positive transaction with new member Jared S. (nolasaints)
Jared recently purchased some cards from me and paid promptly via PayPal.
As a note in his payment he mentioned that he lives in Canada and would be understanding if the shipping charges were not what I was expecting and he could reimburse me for the extra monies.
Well today I shipped the cards and was rather surprised that with tracking it was almost $25USD. I contacted Jared and told him what happened and what I thought would be a fair reimbursement and with no hesitation or argument he sent funds within 10 minutes of my contacting him.

Kudos to you Jared and my sincere endorsement of you to the entire Net54 community.

Enjoy your cards and collecting journey.
Frank Horvath

KMayUSA6060
02-28-2017, 10:35 AM
Excellent to hear. Thanks for sharing!

Lots of positive posts recently by the community!

nolasaints
02-28-2017, 10:54 AM
Thanks for the positive feedback.

I look forward to being apart of this community.

Jared

darwinbulldog
02-28-2017, 11:56 AM
Thanks for the positive feedback.

I look forward to being apart of this community.

Jared

Happy Mardi Gras!

Classic_Auctions
02-28-2017, 12:09 PM
Good to hear and not surprising....

he's Canadian! :D

Jobu
02-28-2017, 12:09 PM
+1

I lived in NOLA for a decade and it is always tough to watch my friends' Facebook feeds at this time of year now that I no longer live there!

Happy Mardi Gras!

frankbmd
02-28-2017, 12:26 PM
There are other Canadians on the board who are more than willing pay for actual shipping to Canada, just to name a few.

irv
02-28-2017, 05:47 PM
Well today I shipped the cards and was rather surprised that with tracking it was almost $25USD.

How many cards and in what way did you ship them? Padded envelope, box or something else?

Like I have mentioned a few times, and with just trying to complete a transaction with another seller here, shipping is all over the place for some reason? Personally, I can see someone from south Florida, say, having to pay more than someone in N.Y/Buffalo to ship to me here in Southern Ontario, but there seems to be no rhyme or reason when it comes to shipping fees as they are all over the place?!?! :confused:

There are other Canadians on the board who are more than willing pay for actual shipping to Canada, just to name a few.

Thanks Frank. :)

Most of the purchases I have obtained from the U.S. have been under $10.00 dollars, give or take, and I never have a problem paying that either. When fees get above that, I start to really question, how bad do I need this/these cards?

botport
02-28-2017, 08:34 PM
I'll PM you specifics... also Jared if you need documentation I will be happy to provide also, just PM me.

Frank

nolasaints
02-28-2017, 09:30 PM
I'll PM you specifics... also Jared if you need documentation I will be happy to provide also, just PM me.

Frank

Thanks Frank.

Jared

botport
02-28-2017, 11:46 PM
Padded envelope w/ tracking.
PA to SK Canada...

irv
03-01-2017, 03:48 AM
Padded envelope w/ tracking.
PA to SK Canada...

Wow, that's crazy!

Thanks for letting me know.

irv
03-04-2017, 05:49 AM
Wow, that's crazy!

Thanks for letting me know.

Another one I just noticed, only this $24.95 shipping fee is for Standard Shipping? Does standard shipping even have tracking?

I hate to speculate, but I can't help but think, despite what E-Bay says about shipping fees, this guy, and some others are charging way more/making money off their shipping fees?
This is what I see up here in Canada:

Shipping: $24.95 Standard International Shipping | See details
See details about international shipping here.

Item location:
San Diego, California, United States

Ships to:
Worldwide
Delivery:
Estimated between Wed. Mar. 15 and Tue. Mar. 21
Seller ships within 1 day after receiving cleared payment - opens in a new window or tab.
Payments:
PayPal Visa/MasterCard, Amex, Discover
Credit Cards processed by PayPal
See payment details
Returns:
30 days money back, buyer pays return shipping | See details
http://www.ebay.com/itm/351991111359?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT