PDA

View Full Version : OT: eBay Sellers - Watch out for eBay glitch

Buythatcard
02-28-2017, 06:22 AM
Back on 1/29, a buyer bought an item from me. Twelve hours later, they said that they did not want it. I then went to the Resolution center to cancel item so that I would get my fees back. In addition, a strike was posted on the buyer's account. Finally, I blocked the buyer.
This morning, I woke up and there was a case opened against me by this buyer saying they never received item. Please note that they never paid.

I called eBay right away. According to eBay, once you block a buyer or open a case against them, they should have never been able to open a case for that same item. They say it was an issue on eBay's part and will take care of it.

This buyer apparently was trying to rip me off by opening a false case. I have opened up a case against him and will do everything that I can to get this Buyer kicked off eBay.

Aquarian Sports Cards
02-28-2017, 06:26 AM
care to PM a user ID? Thanks.

Edwolf1963
02-28-2017, 06:27 AM
Howard, may we ask who is the buyer so we can block them as well?

D. Bergin
02-28-2017, 08:45 AM
Yeah, read about this on the Ebay boards. It's a glitch that's been around awhile. Unfortunately on Ebay, "glitches" these days rarely get fixed and you end up having to work around them instead of them just fixing it.

Batpig
02-28-2017, 10:25 AM
The worst glitch I ever found - listing an item that was similar to another item, so I clicked the "sell one like this" button. As I was editing the listing, I noticed the PayPal email was populated with the seller I had copied from. Scary.

Stampsfan
03-01-2017, 12:50 AM
These are the type of issues that come up in a system that is:

1) Continually built on without taking the plunge to rewrite it, and release it under a new version
2) Written by developers that are overseas, in order to save money
3) Simply old, using old development technology

There are all sorts of reports from former eBay employees, alluding to these issues.

Bottom line... expect more bugs to be discovered, not less.