PDA

View Full Version : New Member

Rich Falvo
02-23-2017, 08:25 PM
Hi All,

New member here. I found the board while doing some online research about the T206 set. I joined to hopefully learn a lot more about the set. I became interested when I got one of the Providence players from the set (I'm from RI). That led to wanting to get one of each Providence player, and now to trying to get some of the different brand backs for each player. I've already learned a lot from this group.

Rich

Stonepony
02-23-2017, 08:37 PM
Hi Rich and welcome to the board. You'll find a lot of great information and good people

KMayUSA6060
02-23-2017, 08:44 PM
Good choice joining the board. You'll like it here.

clydepepper
02-23-2017, 10:19 PM
Welcome, Rich! There is a very good book on the T206 set:

'The T206 Collection: The Players & Their Stories'

by Tom Zappala & Ellen Zappala

I found out about it from this forum...gotta believe more than a few of us have copies.

Enjoy chasing 'The Monster'!

-Raymond

quitcrab
02-24-2017, 03:29 AM
Welcome to the boards! Lots of good info and collectors here.
Do you have a want list ? I may be able to help.
Post it here or PM me
Scott

BruceinGa
02-24-2017, 05:48 AM
Welcome!

Rich Falvo
02-24-2017, 01:52 PM
Welcome, Rich! There is a very good book on the T206 set:

'The T206 Collection: The Players & Their Stories'

by Tom Zappala & Ellen Zappala

I found out about it from this forum...gotta believe more than a few of us have copies.

Enjoy chasing 'The Monster'!

-Raymond

Thanks, I will be getting a copy of that book.

Rich Falvo
02-24-2017, 02:01 PM
Welcome to the boards! Lots of good info and collectors here.
Do you have a want list ? I may be able to help.
Post it here or PM me
Scott

I'm not that far along on the Providence set yet, so I've got a lot to look for. I've got a Piedmont for all Providence players except Shaw, a handful of SC's and PB's and one Sovereign (Arndt). I'm working my way to the better backs as funds are available. I'm looking for lower grades (1-3) with no or minimal paper loss.

Brian Van Horn
02-24-2017, 03:23 PM
Rich,

Welcome from another member who uses his actual name as his board name. Not saying there is anything wrong with using other board names.

Leon
02-27-2017, 08:07 AM
Hi All,

New member here. I found the board while doing some online research about the T206 set. I joined to hopefully learn a lot more about the set. I became interested when I got one of the Providence players from the set (I'm from RI). That led to wanting to get one of each Providence player, and now to trying to get some of the different brand backs for each player. I've already learned a lot from this group.

Rich

Welcome and I agree with Brian, the post above this one. I love it when people register with their name. They never have to get PM'd concerning the forum privacy vs opinion rules. (in bold at the top of every page but no one reads it. :))