PDA

View Full Version : Bubba and moving up to the Majors

tachyonbb
02-23-2017, 11:07 AM
Bubba Starling played 62 games last year in AA, playing for Northwest Arkansas Naturals. His average was .185 only a substitute catcher had a worse average. He struck out almost 40% of the time.
So what did the Royals do? They promoted him to AAA Omaha. I wonder how the rest his AA team felt about that.
In Omaha he played in 47 games and batted .181. Worst on the team for players with more than 10 games.
So what do the Royals do? They put him on their 40 man major league roster for spring training.

This does not make sense to me.

1952boyntoncollector
02-23-2017, 01:08 PM
It may of been in his contract for that opportunity before certain date or certain things happen ...scott boras is his agent.

His balls in play may of also been .181 who knows...if a few more of them dropped in he could of easily been over .190

packs
02-23-2017, 01:40 PM
40 man isn't the same as being on the team. It's probably about protecting him from something like a Rule 5 draft. My guess is he's purely organizational depth at this point.

KCRfan1
02-25-2017, 02:57 PM
But he has a great arm.... 😔

Bubba is ANOTHER high draft pick that has not worked out for KC. This team has busted on their picks for the past 10 years, except for Hosmer.

However, as the brass has indicated before, they draft signable players ( value ) and players they would let their daughter date. Milk and cookies guys. No one with mad upside, that may cost a little more, or come with an edge.

KC will pay this price as 2017 moves along.

nebboy
02-25-2017, 03:38 PM
He'll be back here in Omaha and I hope he can stay up here and not get sent back down. Every game I watched him last year he never once impressed me with even a single at bat. Just have to wait and see, I wish him luck in his career. Can't wait for some warm weather and Storm Chasers baseball.

PS.
If anyone ever has vintage Omaha retailed baseball items for sell shoot me a PM

tachyonbb
03-01-2017, 10:33 AM
I saw him three times in Omaha last year. He looked uncomfortable at the plate swinging at a lot of bad pitches. I am also waiting for some Storm Chasers baseball.