PDA

View Full Version : Baseball Card TV Show

quitcrab
02-22-2017, 08:45 PM
I thought that would get your attention! I watch the Velocity Channel all day long. One car show after another. They buy a crappy car,fix it up and sell it.

I think it's time for CARD TV show.

They could have collectors show their collection, go over the history of the hobby, games played with cards..Toppsies..Make a leanny...,Show how a card is made from start to finish from the Topps factory,...It's endless what could be shown about the hobby of baseball card collecting.

I really feel like a show like this would be very entertaining and informative.
" Today we are going to spotlight the history of die cut cards"
" Today we are going to spotlight the cards of the greatest third baseman to ever play the game..Brooks Robinson"
" Today we will look at the largest ( by size dimensions) issue ever produced by Topps..1968 Topps Posters"

If anyone can get this going I will be the program director !
I used to love that guy? Don ? On late night TV yelling " The Macguire rookie...GEM MINT.. I miss that!
Scott

KMayUSA6060
02-22-2017, 08:58 PM
Oh great. Another TV Show/Channel I'll be forced to pay for but never watch. ;)

I'm kidding, I'm kidding.

LeftHandedDane
02-23-2017, 07:31 AM
Great idea! Perhaps the best way to start is to create a YouTube channel and ask folks to submit videos on card topics that interest them or that they have expertise on. Use this board and other social media outlets to publicize the channel.

Start grabbing eyeballs and pretty soon advertisers will take notice!

maximus35
02-23-2017, 07:37 AM
I thought that would get your attention! I watch the Velocity Channel all day long. One car show after another. They buy a crappy car,fix it up and sell it.

I think it's time for CARD TV show.

They could have collectors show their collection, go over the history of the hobby, games played with cards..Toppsies..Make a leanny...,Show how a card is made from start to finish from the Topps factory,...It's endless what could be shown about the hobby of baseball card collecting.

I really feel like a show like this would be very entertaining and informative.
" Today we are going to spotlight the history of die cut cards"
" Today we are going to spotlight the cards of the greatest third baseman to ever play the game..Brooks Robinson"
" Today we will look at the largest ( by size dimensions) issue ever produced by Topps..1968 Topps Posters"

If anyone can get this going I will be the program director !
I used to love that guy? Don ? On late night TV yelling " The Macguire rookie...GEM MINT.. I miss that!
Scott

Great idea!!! I was thinking the same thing. It would be a good way to get new collectors into this hobby. A good way to start would be posting youtube vids. I think it would be fun to fly around the states talking with high end dealers and collectors showing off their collections.

KMayUSA6060
02-23-2017, 08:00 AM
Great idea! Perhaps the best way to start is to create a YouTube channel and ask folks to submit videos on card topics that interest them or that they have expertise on. Use this board and other social media outlets to publicize the channel.

Start grabbing eyeballs and pretty soon advertisers will take notice!

+1

There are tons of avenues you could go with this, and I'd keep all possible doors open.

dlfallen
02-23-2017, 10:35 AM
One car show after another. They buy a crappy car, fix it up and sell it.

As I started reading this posting, I thought it was going this way:

One card show after another. They buy a crappy card, fix it up and sell it.

curch
02-23-2017, 02:24 PM
I love the idea but the problem with shows like this is getting sponsors. But I would watch, no doubt!

irv
02-23-2017, 05:53 PM
I like the idea too, but there are a ton of youtube vids already in existence.

Also, I know T.V. is expensive, (if that is the avenue of choice), and even with sponsors, I don't think there would be enough viewership to sustain it?

spaidly
02-23-2017, 05:56 PM
Exactly!

As I started reading this posting, I thought it was going this way:

One card show after another. They buy a crappy card, fix it up and sell it.