PDA

View Full Version : Paul Konerko Game Used Bat

ChiSoxTony
02-21-2017, 02:54 PM
I have a Paul Konerko pro model game used bat that I obtained directly from the White Sox. It is not MLB authenticated, but does show good use. The bat is uncracked. Date on the bat indicates that it was manufactured in 2010.

A question for the experts here:
- The Marucci logo on the bat is actually a sticker that has peeled slightly. Has anyone else seen this on a Marucci bat?

Thanks in advance for your help. I'll post a couple of pics later when I have access to the bat.

Tony

ooo-ribay
02-21-2017, 10:38 PM
I only have a couple of Marucci (Giants) gamers. None have a sticker. That woild seem odd to me for a pro player bat....

ChiSoxTony
02-21-2017, 10:39 PM

ChiSoxTony
02-21-2017, 10:41 PM
I only have a couple of Marucci (Giants) gamers. None have a sticker. That woild seem odd to me for a pro player bat....

Struck me as odd too, but came from the Sox and looks legit otherwise. The mystery continues.

ooo-ribay
02-21-2017, 10:50 PM
Struck me as odd too, but came from the Sox and looks legit otherwise. The mystery continues.

Yeah, other than the sticker, everything else says "gamer." I'll take a better look at my Maruccis....maybe they have stickers that just haven't peeled...

justrun7
02-22-2017, 04:44 AM
I've had some Marucci bats over the years where the labels started to peel. It doesn't occur with every bat, but I've seen it enough where it doesn't surprise me.

keithsky
02-22-2017, 07:40 AM
Hi Tony I PM'd you yesterday about my Konerko bat from 2012 and I checked it and the label is in tact and not peeling like yours. I'm wondering if it got wet in the spot at some point or maybe near a heat source where it started to shrink or the sun melted it. hard to say just throwing out a few guesses. Maybe contact the bat company and ask them as they might give you some insight as to why. I have contacted them before about a bat question and they were helpful