PDA

View Full Version : Need Help with Auction Registration

Arazi4442
02-20-2017, 05:18 PM
I was looking at the auction at Mile High Card Co. and found a few items I would like to bid on. I went to the registration page and they require at least 2 references from other auction houses.
I've only ever bought and sold on eBay and in person. I sent a message, but haven't received a response.
Any suggestions?

ullmandds
02-20-2017, 05:40 PM
did u try calling them?

pokerplyr80
02-20-2017, 05:40 PM
Yes use your ebay ID and say you know Leon from net54. Send Leon a pm first and ask if that's ok. Then call or email the AH you're applying to and explain they are the first non ebay AH you decided to try.

drcy
02-20-2017, 09:03 PM
Most auction houses count your eBay id with decent feedback. Also, if you've bought from a well known dealer or collector that would probably also count.

Leon
02-21-2017, 06:12 AM
Yes use your ebay ID and say you know Leon from net54. Send Leon a pm first and ask if that's ok. Then call or email the AH you're applying to and explain they are the first non ebay AH you decided to try.

If I don't know you I can hardly give a good reference. All I can say is "yes he is a member". I give references almost daily and am always, always, very truthful on them. Two days ago I got an email from a very good hobby friend (hi Jay).....he asked for reference and although I didn't personally know the member I have known his brother (hi Dan K) for 15+ years, so I said so. If it were me I would call and speak with Brian Drent, MHCC owner. Maybe he can take a reference and a credit card or something, as another reference? I would recommend extreme caution in ever using a reference without asking your reference first. Some have used me as a reference when they shouldn't have. I doubt their situations worked out too well, at least based on what I said. :)

pokerplyr80
02-21-2017, 09:00 AM
Right i just meant as a member here Leon. I didn't mean to imply he lie and make up a relationship. I believe the first AH I signed up for was Heritage. I told them my net54 and Ebay ID were the same and used those for the 2 references, then called and explained I wanted to bid on a Honus Wagner card they had up. I was approved right away after clarifying it was an e90-1 Wagner I intended to bid on and not a t206 that was also up.

drcy
02-21-2017, 11:38 AM
They basically just want to establish that you are someone who pays his bills, is a serious bidder, etc. and you should be able to scrounge up two examples of that. eBay = 1. One known person you bought from = 2.

If you wanted to establish a reference, you could buy from someone well known on the B/S/T here at Net54 and use them as a reference that you payed for what you bought. Many of the people selling on there are well known people in the hobby.

In fact, you likely have already bought from a well known dealer on eBay, and that should count as a reference. My guess is if you regularly buy cards on eBay, you have already bought from someone who would count as an acceptable reference.

Arazi4442
02-22-2017, 04:07 PM
Called Mile High and got everything set up. Thanks!