PDA

View Full Version : What exactly do I own here?

Tennis13
02-19-2017, 05:40 PM
Guys:

I have been buying cards that I like and think are cool looking of the Chicago Cubs over the past year. At the moment, I have 2 cards that I'm not sure exactly what they are. Could someone help me understand the "parallel" or "insert" that they may be, and if they are rare or not? I'm just sort of cataloging my collection at the moment. I have done google searches of both of these cards and the only pics that show up are the ones I own.

One is a 2015 Topps Supreme Baez that's weird colored. The other is a 2014 Baez/Almora card. The first one is a bit more perplexing because I have no clue; the second I'm just curious because the card I always see of these two is the 2012 card, not the 2014. Why does nobody have the 2014?

Rookiemonster
02-19-2017, 06:37 PM
The pics are not the best. If you want to post better pics or send me some pics I'll take a look . The simply supreme one might be a acetate parallel. That would be numbered to 5 or 1/1. I don't see any numbers or if it is transparent.

The Beckett graded one should say what it is on the flip.

Tennis13
02-19-2017, 10:14 PM
Thank you -- I am travelling at the moment. I can take better pics of them this weekend when I'm home.

Are those acetate parallels listed on cardboardconnection for the set? I just wasn't sure which parallel it was, if any.

frankbmd
02-20-2017, 07:11 AM
The two Baez autographs look quite dissimilar, but what do I know about autographs.

I'm more of an "ear" guy.:D

Rookiemonster
02-20-2017, 10:05 AM
The two Baez autographs look quite dissimilar, but what do I know about autographs.

I'm more of an "ear" guy.:D

I hear that !

In all honesty I have no clue what you are talking about frank.

Tripredacus
02-20-2017, 12:41 PM
Need a better pic of the Supreme Baez. The other one tho:

2014 Bowman Platinum Dual Autographs DA-BA Albert Almora / Javier Baez /25
http://baseballcardpedia.com/index.php/2014_Bowman_Platinum#Dual_Autograph

Tennis13
02-24-2017, 09:28 PM
The pics are not the best. If you want to post better pics or send me some pics I'll take a look . The simply supreme one might be a acetate parallel. That would be numbered to 5 or 1/1. I don't see any numbers or if it is transparent.

The Beckett graded one should say what it is on the flip.

You will not believe this: I can't find this card. I know I set it aside like 2 months ago because I was curious, and now I can't find it. When it shows up again, I will post a better pic.

It's killing me now.