PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on Collector Focus Website??

DeafSports
02-19-2017, 11:09 AM
https://www.collectorfocus.com

I would love for us to talk about this website. I have been trying to find right place to put all of my cards/memorabilia together on one host where I can share and for me to browsing them when I'm out of town.

I think this website is AWESOME. We could break down different subjects in one big collection. One thing bothers me the most is too much links showing on each item. I wish they are more hidden somehow.

I haven't decided if I should go ahead making scans and start feeding.

Is there any other website that people use to organize their collection?

Best,
Danny

Snapolit1
02-19-2017, 11:12 AM
Maybe I'm just a paranoid guy. . . .I have no interest in creating a publicly accessible record of my collection.

Enfuego
02-19-2017, 12:26 PM
Maybe I'm just a paranoid guy. . . .I have no interest in creating a publicly accessible record of my collection.

I kinda feel the same way about it.

Big Six
02-19-2017, 12:33 PM
I like it...use it...recommend it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

swarmee
02-19-2017, 01:12 PM
Never used that one; I like the PSA set registry and have uploaded images and created albums of the sets I'm working on. It's pretty cool. Of course, they've got to be PSA graded.

glchen
02-19-2017, 02:23 PM
I like the Collector Focus site a lot. For most of my PSA cards, I use the PSA Set Registry. (That way, it helps to know which cards that I am missing for my player sets.) For non-PSA and non-playing days, I use the Collector Focus site: Link (https://www.collectorfocus.com/collection/CollectorAtWork)

I have some small pet peeves like the too many links displayed which Danny mentioned. Also you can't really order the cards within the category. Well, it does order alphabetically by the card title. However, if you have the same card title then it's random on which card appears first. For example, I like to show but front and back scans of the card, so both of these images have the same card title, but different card descriptions (2nd line). However, the software doesn't sort by the second line, only the first, so sometimes the back image appears before the front image. I've had to jerry rig it by add dots to the card title to try to get ordering correct. Also, since it only sorts alphabetically, if you want to order by card issue date, it can be more difficult if the date uses circa as: c1915 or c1920s since the circa would immediately sort the card to the end. Obviously, the workaround is to just remove the circa as part of the date.

Finally, as I said, I like to put both front and back scans of the card, and I don't like to merge it into one image. (You lose resolution when you zoom in on the image on CollectorFocus, and the front scan may be vertical while the back scan is horizontal, so they don't always mesh up.) However, for the image for the category, the software randomly picks an image from all of the ones within the category, so half the time, it will choose a back scan, which isn't great.

Anyways, the software is free, and I really like it for the most part, so these are just small issues with the site. I don't really know of others that I like better.

cdn_collector
02-19-2017, 03:07 PM
I'm a big fan of Collector Focus. I've used it for a few years now.

My "needs" for this type of service are pretty unsophisticated, though, so I don't really have any complaints.

One note I will make is that you can password protect categories, which may provide a solution to anyone not wanting to share their collection with the public.

Cheers,

Richard.

Beansballcardblog
03-12-2017, 10:24 PM
Thanks for this thread and the opinions. I just learned of this from seeing a link in someone's signature. I'm thinking about trying it myself. With the bump up, anyone else have thoughts?

irv
03-13-2017, 05:44 AM
I use FlickR and Leon's image uploader as every time i go into the Collector Focus website, I get an Avast warning about a "Threat detected"

I know many have used it for years without a problem but receiving that "Threat detected" notification doesn't sit well with me.

I have been told it's a false positive, whatever that means, but I trust Avast and have been using it for years and want to continue using it.

My 2 cents.

Iwantmorecards77
03-13-2017, 10:25 AM
I use Collector Focus and love it. You don't need to put your name or contact info anywhere if you don't want to. I use it more for myself, I suppose - as I rarely have shared the collection with anybody.

Todd