PDA

View Full Version : Any ebay user IDs you are convinced are shilling accounts or questionable?

Republicaninmass
02-19-2017, 07:54 AM
Just curious if there are any IDs that always outbid you on a type of card...yet have never bought one of your duplicates of said card or even bid any card you have listed.

I'm going through my records.

Adding IDs

Greg Morris cards
8***h ( 132Feedback score is 100 to 499)

30-Day Summary
Total bids: 145
Items bid on: 112
Bid activity (%) with this seller: 2% Help
Bid retractions: 0
Bid retractions (6 months): 11

Probstein

Bidder: e***o

Bid activity (%) with this seller: 38% Help
Bid retractions: 4
Bid retractions (6 months): 4

mcgwirecom
03-23-2017, 12:55 AM
I would say Probstein also. Here is the reason. I've been selling on Ebay since they started basically (1996 for me) I mainly dealt with Mark McGwire autographs and some cards and ticket stubs in the last 15 years. So when you put the same stuff up for auction all the time you get an idea on how many people bid on it and how often. Mostly very few bids until the last day/second. But then this guy puts up the EXACT same item and gets 25 bids on it in the first day or two? I'm sorry I call bullshit on that! And it happens every time. Plus the bidding increments are very small which just screams "I need 25 bids so it makes the hot list".

In all my years on Ebay I think I've gotten 25 bids maybe a handful of times. Even on stuff thats sells pretty high. People just do not bid that way. They snipe it at the end.

There are some others but I can't remember who right now. When I see too many bids on an item I am familiar with I just stay away from it. I refuse to buy from this type of seller, sorry.

clydepepper
03-23-2017, 05:21 AM
probstein is dead to me