PDA

View Full Version : Cards we are happy to own.........again!!

Leon
02-18-2017, 09:56 AM
Just got back, from the collection I sale, this great D304 scrap (that is what I call it) and couldn't be happier. I am only hoping it hasn't been cleaned!! Anyone else have a card back and happy about it?

Brian Van Horn
02-18-2017, 10:06 AM

ecRich
02-18-2017, 10:07 AM
Leon,
That card looks familiar.

x2drich2000
02-18-2017, 10:18 AM
Leon, here's another one that should look familiar. I originally picked this up in Leon's auction. I subsequently sold it to a board member and immediately regretted it. Then won it again in a LOTG auction. The red backs have now become a bit of an obsession of mine. :rolleyes:

http://i1065.photobucket.com/albums/u394/x2drich2000/Personal%20Collection/Misc/e92%20crofts%20red%20miller.jpg

garymc
02-18-2017, 10:53 AM
This my F50 Yuengling Reuther with a mis-cut back that I'm glad to own...

Leon
02-18-2017, 11:10 AM
Leon, here's another one that should look familiar. I originally picked this up in Leon's auction. I subsequently sold it to a board member and immediately regretted it. Then won it again in a LOTG auction. The red backs have now become a bit of an obsession of mine. :rolleyes:

That came from an 80 yrs old, old time dealer, met in a clandestine meeting at a Kroger parking lot very late at night. True story. He had 3-4 red backs and I got them all. His first one was on ebay and after that we met in person twice? for card sales. Great cards with beautiful backs..... and 2 more D cards from my collection I, now glad to have back.

h2oya311
02-18-2017, 03:08 PM
That came from an 80 yrs old, old time dealer, met in a clandestine meeting at a Kroger parking lot very late at night. True story. He had 3-4 red backs and I got them all. His first one was on ebay and after that we met in person twice? for card sales. Great cards with beautiful backs..... and 2 more D cards from my collection I, now glad to have back.

That Melchior is easily the worst running form I've ever seen. I always get a kick out of seeing that one...

z28jd
02-18-2017, 07:58 PM
I don't have a scan, but I once sold an Old Judge card to help fund a purchase from a board member. Then about 12 years later, I bought the exact card again. Odd coincidence is that I bought it off of that same board member who sold me the other card. Basically meaning I paid him for the card I sold to get money to pay him.

I was happy to get the card back because it was one of my first Old Judge cards.

Jason
02-18-2017, 08:21 PM
I have recently added back a few T210's I sold early in my collecting of the set. Here is one im happy to have back and a few others are out there too I still want to reacquire.

kkkkandp
02-19-2017, 07:23 AM
I don't have a scan, but I once sold an Old Judge card to help fund a purchase from a board member. Then about 12 years later, I bought the exact card again. Odd coincidence is that I bought it off of that same board member who sold me the other card. Basically meaning I paid him for the card I sold to get money to pay him.

I was happy to get the card back because it was one of my first Old Judge cards.

Similarly, I have one Old Judge card I would LOVE to get back! I know where it is. Maybe some day.

MVSNYC
02-22-2017, 01:59 PM
Got these back, after letting them slip away. Leon, I know you recognize one of these. ;)

ValKehl
02-22-2017, 04:31 PM
Does anyone know where I can find the over/under odds as to how long it will be before Leon builds a collection that rivals the fantastic collection he sold in 2015? :D

BTW Leon, one card from your old collection that you won't get back as long as I am breathing is the T216 Va. Extra of Jennings - I am still as excited to have gotten this card as I was on the day I won it!
Val

T206Collector
02-22-2017, 09:35 PM
Never should've sold it in the first place. Bought it for $200 on eBay 10 years ago. Sold it at auction for $400 a few years later. Bought it back at auction for $2,000 last year. Not the best business model, and hardly a sustainable collecting strategy.... :eek: