PDA

View Full Version : 1911 T332 Helmar Stamps - color/border variations?

h2oya311
02-13-2017, 02:53 PM
Are there any color / border variations for any baseball players in the 1911 T332 Helmar Stamps set?

I know there are a few actresses with different borders, but I did not know of any color/border variations for any of the baseball players in the set...until a few days ago when a yellow Mike Mitchell showed up on eBay. Or would you just call this a "print defect" where the blue ink never made it onto the stamp?

Anyone know of any other color variations in the set?

yellow = not mine / green = mine:
http://photos.imageevent.com/derekgranger/personal/websize/Mitchell%20-%201911%20Helmar%20Stamp%20Yellow.jpghttp://photos.imageevent.com/derekgranger/helmarstamps/websize/1911%20Mitchell.jpg

snider4prez
02-13-2017, 03:27 PM
No there is only one boarder variation for each player in the set. The one you are showing is a printing error. The green overlay is missing from the process. I hope this helps.

Trevor

Vintagecatcher
02-13-2017, 04:57 PM
The yellow helmar stamp is missing the blue color pass. You can see the blue on the right vertical line on the complete example. The printer used the final blue color pass to create the vertical lines. The blue over the yellow creates the green color. The normal example's registration is off which shows the blue on the right margin.

Patrick

h2oya311
02-14-2017, 08:23 AM
okay. As I suspected, the yellow Mitchell was a print-defect due to missing blue ink as opposed to a legitimate variation. I will sleep better tonight.

Regards,
Derek

Leon
02-14-2017, 08:28 AM
No there is only one boarder variation for each player in the set. The one you are showing is a printing error. The green overlay is missing from the process. I hope this helps.

Trevor

Where have you been hiding, Trevor? Hope all is going well....

snider4prez
02-14-2017, 11:13 AM
Hey Leon,

I have been hiding in plan sight right here on the board reading almost everyday. I have left the hobby but what do they say "the hobby never leaves you" This is a great board with a wealth of knowledge but this hobby is a little to aggressive for me.

I do love the T332 set. I was lucky enough to get the Nagy set and get as close to completion as anyone I know, with the help of the Dreiers amazing set. Alas the set was been sold after that. I hope it was kept together and is still getting worked on. This set has to go down as one of the hardest to complete.

All the best,
Trevor

h2oya311
02-14-2017, 11:32 AM
Hey Leon,

I have been hiding in plan sight right here on the board reading almost everyday. I have left the hobby but what do they say "the hobby never leaves you" This is a great board with a wealth of knowledge but this hobby is a little to aggressive for me.

I do love the T332 set. I was lucky enough to get the Nagy set and get as close to completion as anyone I know, with the help of the Dreiers amazing set. Alas the set was been sold after that. I hope it was kept together and is still getting worked on. This set has to go down as one of the hardest to complete.

All the best,
Trevor

Hi Trevor -

I believe there are at least three collectors with complete Helmar Stamp sets. I know of one board member who has one and another recently-deceased board member (RIP Brian Campf) that had one. In fact, Brian also had what is believed to be a complete set of the Helmar actresses as well. I'm around 90% complete at this point (baseball only) and I am hoping to finish the set in the next few years. There's gotta be an extra Cy Young floating around out there somewhere!

Regards, Derek