PDA

View Full Version : Vintage Card Collecting

garymc
02-01-2017, 01:39 PM
]Sorry for the double posting??? I can't figure out how to delete ???

Just rekindled my passion card collecting after a 10yr absence due to throat cancer and the many side effect illnesses that follow. After discovering my cards again I soon realized how much the hobby has changed. The importance of having your cards graded ? The creation of a new released rare card ? The obsession for grade and value.

None of my cards are graded and most are in the good - excellent range. I love reaserching and looking up the history of the player, the card series, and the maker. I don't mind a stain, a crease, corner wear and a lot of my cards have been pasted in albums. I have a Red Cross back like that and love it.

One of the first things I did was to contact a Gentleman that I used to do business with, Mr. Mark Macrea who to my joy was still in business. I love the security and pleasure that comes from dealing with others in much more positive way than the world of Ebay and the other internet avenues.

I collect and have a Highlander/Yankee type collection and love to talk about them...

D.P.Johnson
02-01-2017, 01:51 PM
Welcome.
I'm putting together a high grade 1960 Fleer set. Why?
Well...because I'm weird...:)...
I also like to collect other vintage cards like you do (in raw condition).
Why?
Well...because I think they're cool...:)...
There's no perfect way to collect.
Just keep doing what you're doing and have fun doing it.
(And, yeah...ebay pretty much sucks. But, it can lead to finding sellers who have cards you like to collect. And some of the sellers are on this board, so it's a good place to make deals outside of ebay.)