PDA

View Full Version : Question for members with eBay stores

Northviewcats
01-27-2017, 09:39 AM
Hello Everyone,

I like the eBay promotion for "500 free "Buy it Now" listings that was offered frequently last year. I estimate that I sold about 15% of everything that I listed under that promotion. Although that seems like a low percentage I was happy with the sales. I tried to keep the prices fair and I was building up some repeat business. The disadvantage of the promotion was that it never came with much notice and you only had a few days to list the items, so I couldn't list the full 500 listings. However, I have been scanning my inventory ahead of time so I will be ready to list 500 items the next time it is offered. Unfortunately, I have not received this promotion in January.

I did just receive an offer from eBay to open a store for $15 a month for 4 months. I believe that you get 200 free listings, but I am not sure that this is enough listings to make it worth the additional fees if I only sell 15% of what I list.

Can anyone tell me if eBay offers the 500 free listing offers ("Buy it Now," and "Auction Style"), or some similar promotion, if you are a seller with an eBay store?

Thanks for any information.

Best regards,

Joe

savedfrommyspokes
01-27-2017, 10:24 AM
I have a subscription to the largest of the ebay stores, and I receive 10K "free" listings per month. After the 10K are gone, any additional listings are 5 cents each. I do occasionally receive an offer for 500 free (additional) listings. This offer is received about once every other month.

D. Bergin
01-27-2017, 10:47 AM
Right now for a basic store it's 250 free fixed price listings and 250 free auction listings a month.

Occasionally you also get offers for additional listings.

You also get a voucher for $25 to use on Ebay branded shipping supplies every quarter. I usually use those up on shipping envelopes.

If you have a store and have "Top Rated Seller" status, you also get an additional discount of 20% for your final value fees.

Northviewcats
01-27-2017, 11:59 AM
Thanks so much for the input. I will give the store a try.

Best regards,

Joe

thecatspajamas
01-28-2017, 07:24 PM
If you're going to have a large number of listings in a regular basis, it's probably best to go with a store subscription. Start with a basic store, and work your way up as needed. Over the last few months eBay has been pushing store subscriptions harder and doing the Free Listing Days less frequently. If you're trying to build a business or maintain a regular customer base, it's tougher to do these days depending solely on the Free Listing Days due to their sporadic/less-frequent nature compared to the at-least-once-a-month promotions they were running a year or so ago.