PDA

View Full Version : cap anson

tdellis
01-24-2017, 12:20 PM
anyone give me a value for a cap anson cut auto price range?

tazdmb
01-24-2017, 12:51 PM
Wow, you have 281 different autographs and not Cap Anson? Yet, I digress. :rolleyes:

Really depends on the quality of the autograph, I would guestimate $1,000-$2,000. Depending on quality, shorten vs. full name.....

Let me say that in all my years of collecting, I have never seen an authentic "Cut" autograph of Anson, except for the UD insert, so be very careful. He is heavily forged and had several secretarial versions of his signatures that have been accepted by certain TPAs as authentic.

tdellis
01-24-2017, 02:27 PM
I am actually selling one!!

tazdmb
01-24-2017, 02:38 PM
Then a picture here would help board members get a better price estimate, along with procuring interest.

Klrdds
01-24-2017, 04:17 PM
T D
Post a picture for the board members to give you an accurate opinion. The board because of its vast knowledge and willingness to help fellow collectors can give you a very accurate opinion as to value.
There are too many variables that can affect price and value.
But I shouldn't have to tell you that because as an advanced HOF autograph collector you probably already know that .

w7imel
01-24-2017, 11:42 PM
I am starting to get very suspicious of this guys collection...I see alot of talk but has he ever produced 1 picture to date?:D Stuff like this does make me laugh though.

tazdmb
01-25-2017, 07:01 AM
I am starting to get very suspicious of this guys collection...I see alot of talk but has he ever produced 1 picture to date?:D Stuff like this does make me laugh though.

I agree, what concern me is that he selling a "Cut" of Cap Anson. As I mentioned in my first post, I have never seen an authentic cut of Anson ever be sold. I "hope" he is not spreading bad signatures in the market. I have no knowledge of whether this cut is real or not, but without this person providing any pictures, I get suspicious.

Klrdds
01-25-2017, 07:31 AM
I agree with taz about the Anson cuts; however, I have seen a few cuts of Anson from letters but they are very rare because most collectors wanted/want the complete letter. With Anson'a availability in the market on a letter I would never buy a cut of his no matter if it was good .

tazdmb
01-25-2017, 07:47 AM
I agree with taz about the Anson cuts; however, I have seen a few cuts of Anson from letters but they are very rare because most collectors wanted/want the complete letter. With Anson'a availability in the market on a letter I would never buy a cut of his no matter if it was good .

I have seen cuts from letters of Anson, but you clearly tell they were from a letter as you could see part of the letter in the cut. When I say a cut, a mean an autograph with no other markings.

whyconform
01-25-2017, 08:34 AM
Very knowledgeable people here with some very large collections, and they should be able to address value if we were able to see a scan of the cut.

Klrdds
01-25-2017, 09:49 AM
The problem is that he (tdelis) wants info BUT NEVER posts any pictures of his items.

Moyni
01-25-2017, 03:20 PM
We ask for a pic and...crickets...

Hmmmmm

w7imel
01-25-2017, 11:09 PM
The problem is that he (tdelis) wants info BUT NEVER posts any pictures of his items.

I am guessing there is no real collection to speak of.

Bpm0014
01-26-2017, 07:42 AM
There is no collection. All he has to do is post a couple, of which he won't do. Oh well...

RichardSimon
01-26-2017, 09:35 AM
His collection is the best collection, it is a fantastic collection, nobody can have a better collection, took him years of hard work to achieve this great collection. He already turned down $2 billion for his best collection.
:D:D;);)

Maddog
01-27-2017, 07:41 PM
Time to cut this one loose?
If I had an Anson, hell even a Ruth, bet your ass I would be sharing that with the board.
It's something to be proud of not fearful of.

earlywynnfan
01-27-2017, 08:20 PM
Time to cut this one loose?
If I had an Anson, hell even a Ruth, bet your ass I would be sharing that with the board.
It's something to be proud of not fearful of.

He doesn't just have an Anson, he has an extra one to sell!