PDA

View Full Version : General board/computer wierdness

steve B
01-23-2017, 06:47 PM
So sometimes, not always and sometimes more than others when I look at a thread and hit the back button to get back to the individual section it won't work.

And when that happens there's a "collectibedashboard.com " URL in the back button pulldown menu. Whatever it is it effectively disables the back button and while I'm guessing it's the address of the board software company it's not one I've gone to and doesn't actually appear.

Internet explorer is what I'm mostly using, although like always now that the "new improved and renamed "version is out all sorts of weirdness ensues.
I say forced obsolescence, my wife in the industry says no way.

Steve B

Jantz
01-23-2017, 07:01 PM
Hi Steve

This has happened to me as well in the last week. Not just this website, but a few other websites as well.

Jantz

Leon
01-23-2017, 07:31 PM
I think it might be one advertisement we are using ( and anywhere that ad might be being used in other places) but am not sure. I have an email in about it. Sorry for the issues.. and I/we will stay on it.

steve B
01-24-2017, 11:40 AM
Interesting that it's on other sites. I haven't had it other places, but I don't usually range all that far on the interwebs.

Not a huge deal Leon. I can always just skip around it using the back button pulldown list, it's a minor annoyance but not like some others. (Doubleclick .net , which infests the back history with sometimes well over 60 of the same sort of invisible page totally disabling the back function is the worst so far)

tiger8mush
01-25-2017, 10:29 AM
One weird thing I've noticed while using IE at work is that I have to hit the back button twice, but ONLY for this site. Every single time. Strange. I think it has to do with the firewall I'm behind at work, which randomly restricts much of this site from being viewed at all.

Leon
01-25-2017, 12:44 PM
Interesting that it's on other sites. I haven't had it other places, but I don't usually range all that far on the interwebs.

Not a huge deal Leon. I can always just skip around it using the back button pulldown list, it's a minor annoyance but not like some others. (Doubleclick .net , which infests the back history with sometimes well over 60 of the same sort of invisible page totally disabling the back function is the worst so far)

We will be making a few tweaks today that should (knock on wood) fix the issue members have been having. Thanks for everyone's patience.

Leon
01-28-2017, 07:20 AM
We believe this board funkiness has been alleviated. Please let me know if not.....thanks

irv
01-28-2017, 07:37 AM
We believe this board funkiness has been alleviated. Please let me know if not.....thanks

Not that I've experienced any of the issues mentioned above, I have noticed, if I have received and read a PM, or replied to a PM, I still get the pop up telling me I have received a PM.

I even hit cancel after the fact but it will still pop up going from thread to thread.

I will let you know, after your tweeks, if it still exists.

Thanks for everything you do, Leon!. :)

bnorth
01-28-2017, 07:46 AM
Not that I've experienced any of the issues mentioned above, I have noticed, if I have received and read a PM, or replied to a PM, I still get the pop up telling me I have received a PM.

I even hit cancel after the fact but it will still pop up going from thread to thread.

I will let you know, after your tweeks, if it still exists.

Thanks for everything you do, Leon!. :)

It only does that if you are using the back button, anyway that is my experience.