PDA

View Full Version : OT:Ventura dead at 25.

Marckus99
01-22-2017, 09:41 AM
https://www.google.com/amp/www.nydailynews.com/amp/sports/baseball/royals-pitcher-yordano-ventura-killed-car-crash-25-reports-article-1.2952880

Marckus99
01-22-2017, 09:59 AM
https://www.google.com/amp/www.univision.com/amp/deportes/beisbol/muere-el-pelotero-dominicano-andy-marte-en-accidente-de-trafico

PiratesWS1979
01-22-2017, 10:19 AM
Sad news, prayers for both their families.

Rich Klein
01-22-2017, 11:27 AM
Horribly terrible news to wake up to this morning. Just goes to show one must cherish and appreciate every day we have. Makes out collecting go into the proper perspective.

Rich

cool-vintage
01-22-2017, 11:38 AM
Very sad news
This was the first thing I saw when I woke up this morning. Ventura was one of the most exciting players I've seen in person and one of my favorite players on the team.

RIP Ace

Thoughts are with both players' families, friends and organizations

brianp-beme
01-22-2017, 12:36 PM
Weird coincidence of the two separate deaths, but then I looked up the road traffic death rate in the Dominican Republic, and at 38.51 deaths per 100,000 it is considered the sixth worst country in the world in this category, behind such countries as Iran, Iraq and Libya. And beyond these two separate deaths Ventura dedicated his 2014 World Series outing to Oscar Taveras, another player who died a few day earlier in an auto accident in the Dominican Republic.

As a comparision the United States has a rate of 9.99, while Great Britain's rate is near the bottom at 2.97 per 100,000

Brian

mrmopar
01-22-2017, 01:01 PM
It seems a greater than average number of players have died in auto accidents there. I want to say Jose Oliva, Andujar Cedeno & Rufino Lineres are three more off the top of my head that also died in auto related accidents, also in the DR. All three were also Topps All-Star Rookies (I collect the signed trophy cards).

Enfuego
01-22-2017, 08:50 PM
Sad news

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

clydepepper
01-22-2017, 10:26 PM
After loosing so many last year...hard times my friends.

Make a point to show appreciation to those you know and all those you meet -

there are no strangers, just new friends you have not met yet.

Life is so very fleeting...

Take Care,
Raymond

shammus
01-24-2017, 08:55 AM
Very sad to hear this news this past Sunday when I woke up. As a lifelong KC resident and fan of the Royals, I can say Ventura was a popular player in the city and was a favorite for many. He will certainly be missed. My prayers and condolences to both families.

Kansas City has unfortunately had some very untimely sports related deaths the past decade or two. HOFer Derrick Thomas was my favorite Chiefs player by far when he passed and I remember his auto accident pretty well. Sad times....

RIP Ace