PDA

View Full Version : Looking for T205 advise

spaidly
01-21-2017, 11:25 AM
I've been focusing in the 50s and 60s for the past 10 years and I'm looking to widen my scope and learn more about pre-war players. I love the designs and colors of the T205s and want to go after completing an ungraded set with eye appeal being the main criteria. Some of you may be thinking, "Great, more competition" but I'm in it for the fun and meeting people. Any advise about this set, what I can expect as far as spending goes, or any other knowledge you can impart would be awesome. I know I can research online but I prefer collaboration with real humans. :D
Scott

nebboy
01-21-2017, 11:47 AM
Great set - pretty easy to find 90-95% of the set at any time. Prices are going up a little of late but bargains still happen. Backs seem to be more important than in past. A lot of research has been done and talked about in past so searches are worth it. Also sites like T205.org can be of help. Good luck in your search for eye appeal or nice center cards, it may slow you down a little but the search is half the fun.

EvilKing00
01-21-2017, 02:39 PM
I've been focusing in the 50s and 60s for the past 10 years and I'm looking to widen my scope and learn more about pre-war players. I love the designs and colors of the T205s and want to go after completing an ungraded set with eye appeal being the main criteria. Some of you may be thinking, "Great, more competition" but I'm in it for the fun and meeting people. Any advise about this set, what I can expect as far as spending goes, or any other knowledge you can impart would be awesome. I know I can research online but I prefer collaboration with real humans. :D
Scott

beautiful set, price depends on condition - cards graded 2-4 commons can be found from $20-$50 - be patient

spaidly
01-21-2017, 05:02 PM
Thanks, guys. This will set me off in the right direction.
Scott

kmac32
01-21-2017, 05:56 PM
I got into them about a year ago. I collect only the Cubs with different reverses. Have 130 out of 152 possibilities. I do occasionally have duplicates as I find upgrades. When I get a group, i eventually send them in for slabbing as I like to play with them but do not want to take any chances injuring a card. Great set.