PDA

View Full Version : Ebay Sold Listing Questions -- BIN v. Best Offer Accepted

Rhotchkiss
01-20-2017, 06:16 PM
I recently bought a very expensive and rare card off a seller on ebay. I made an offer 20% below seller's BIN price and seller accepted. On Ebay, the sold listing now shows the BIN price with a line stuck through and a note that says "Best Offer Accepted", yet when you click on the listing it still states sold for the BIN price. Nowhere on the listing is the price I paid ("Best Offer Accepted") shown. I have seen this on other sold listings, of which I was totally unaffiliated with, but upon which I was hoping to rely in determining what I could/would pay for a card I was considering buying.

Why does Ebay not show the amount of the best offer accepted, or worse, show on other pages that the card was sold/purchased for the BIN price, when it was not? Can one find on Ebay the amount of the "Best Offer Accepted"? Under these circumstances, how are price guide resources/websites (not SMR) expected or able to list the card at the price it was actually sold for?

Personally (or selfishly), I don't mind that Ebay states I bought the card at the BIN price, because if/when I go to sell it (in 30 years) it will establish a market 20% above what I paid -- and this card is rare enough that a single sale makes the market. However, as an avid buyer of higher end cards, I think it is very important (especially with all the technology available today) that there is transparency and accuracy with all sold listings so we (buyers) can make informed decisions going forward.

Basically, on Ebay, how can someone find the actual amount a card was sold for when an offer for less than the BIN price was accepted?

Thoughts?

ajjohnsonsoxfan
01-20-2017, 06:19 PM
I believe all the price guides get the correct BIN prices via API. I know there's a website that's been discussed here previously (can't remember name) where anybody can get the actual selling price by looking up the item number as well.

sycks22
01-20-2017, 06:26 PM
http://www.watchcount.com/#serp

swarmee
01-20-2017, 06:45 PM
Watchcount and sortsof both reveal Best Offer prices. You used to be able to get them on the British eBay or by clicking the Print button. You can also run a search and then sort them in eBay and the accepted price will be in the correct order.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=T51+psa&_sop=3&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=T206+cobb+psa&_sacat=0

You can see the Green Cobb sold for between $2660 and $2900.

Rhotchkiss
01-20-2017, 06:48 PM
Perfect, never heard of watchcount, thank you. Checking it out now

midmo
01-20-2017, 06:55 PM
Add the ebay item number to the end of this link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItemVersion&item=

Well, net54 seems to be slightly modifying my link. If you click on the link, just replace &rmvSB=true with the item number.

CMIZ5290
01-20-2017, 07:29 PM
I don't know if Ebay or the Seller controls this. Why would Ebay reflect a higher price because wouldn't that mean that they would get their percentage on the higher amount? I do think the accurate price should be reflected at the end of the auction, but I have noticed the same thing on many other auctions on Ebay....

deeg23
01-20-2017, 09:10 PM
If you change the "www" in the URL to "item" and the "com" to "ca" on the sold listing page, it'll show you the offer that was accepted!

whiteymet
01-21-2017, 03:25 PM
The above also lets you see if an offer has been made which the US version of ebay does not show.

Helpful when making an offer to know if otheroffers have been made and how many.

Rhotchkiss
01-21-2017, 03:29 PM
Very helpful, thank you!

thetruthisoutthere
01-21-2017, 04:42 PM
I use it all of the time to find "Best Offer" accepted prices.

Work great!!!

Linuxabuser
01-21-2017, 11:33 PM
Add the ebay item number to the end of this link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItemVersion&item=

Well, net54 seems to be slightly modifying my link. If you click on the link, just replace &rmvSB=true with the item number.

Perfect! Love this method.