PDA

View Full Version : 1967 Detroit Tigers Phantom WS Tickets

NATCARD
01-19-2017, 07:20 PM
With a PSA pop of 1 only at a 6, does anyone know how rare 1967 Tigers World Series Phantom tickets are? Many Phantom WS tickets are plentiful but I can only find the single PSA example anywhere.
thanks, JEFF W

Scott Garner
01-20-2017, 03:04 AM
With a PSA pop of 1 only at a 6, does anyone know how rare 1967 Tigers World Series Phantom tickets are? Many Phantom WS tickets are plentiful but I can only find the single PSA example anywhere.
thanks, JEFF W

Hi Jeff,
Please don't take this the wrong way...
Because phantom tickets are not very popular with mainstream ticket collectors, and have nominal value in any condition, I suspect this is why there has not been a rush to slab these tickets. Look at it this way, every Tigers season ticket holder would have been issued these tickets as part of their package. There is definitely more than one out there, FWIW...

I hope this helps

YankeeFan
01-20-2017, 08:12 AM
I agree with Scott. The cost of getting it slabbed compared to the value, even if slabbed, is what keeps them from being slabbed. The PSA pop can not be used as an indication of rarity.

NATCARD
01-20-2017, 06:21 PM
Thanks for the response. I understand the PSA pop really does not matter but the fact none are available on EBAY and none have sold made me inquire.
Thanks, JEFF W