PDA

View Full Version : Glenn Frey

talkinbaseball
01-18-2017, 04:49 PM
One year ago we lost him.

You can listen to Bob Seger's song about Glenn, free on line.

enjoy,

John

vintagetoppsguy
01-18-2017, 06:33 PM
Of all the celebrity deaths in 2016, Glenn's really hit me the hardest. RIP, Glenn.

Snapolit1
01-21-2017, 11:07 AM
Same here. My 17 year old asked me which celebrity death hit me the hardest last year. Though a while and it was clearly Glenn. He was always such a strapping macho dude, seemed impossible to imagine how sick he was. One of those deaths that just made no sense. (I knew Bowie was a very sick man. Others as well.) And the songs he wrote for the Eagles and those vocals were just sublime. I saw the Eagles 3 or 4 times in recent years. The idea that I will not see those songs played live again really feels like a gut putch.

bravos4evr
01-21-2017, 03:38 PM
I used to think he was a cool guy until I saw that 3 hour documentary on the Eagles on Netflix. He , (and to a lesser extent Henley) come off as extremely arrogant, self important and...well, frankly, a-holes.

Exhibitman
01-21-2017, 03:43 PM
2016 was a horrible year in so many ways, not the least of which was Frey's death. I picked this up last year:

http://photos.imageevent.com/exhibitman/music/websize/frey%202.jpg

Snapolit1
01-22-2017, 09:09 AM
I used to think he was a cool guy until I saw that 3 hour documentary on the Eagles on Netflix. He , (and to a lesser extent Henley) come off as extremely arrogant, self important and...well, frankly, a-holes.

Nick: I have to disagree. I always assumed Frey was a horse's ass. And I won't argue he was easy to deal with. But my take away from the documentary was that he was a very astute businessman and was the one who stepped forward to manage things. And I think the others realized what he was doing and came around to it after a while. They were all ankle (at least) deep in blow and other bad habits for many years, and Glenn stepped forward to play the role of the quarterback. Someone had to throw people out of the group etc when it was warranted. Be the heavy. Sometimes be the a-hole. Not always popular but he did what had to be done, and in the process saved the group from what was numerous hot personalities and sometimes very unstable individuals. That was my take away from the documentary, which is incredible if anyone hasn't seen it. Was on Showtime on demand and probably still is.