PDA

View Full Version : E93 or E95?

GaleClark23
01-17-2017, 02:47 PM
I have been reading about the history of the caramel cards and am thinking about slowly collecting 93s or 95s or both of them.
I would appreciate some guidance as to which set is most popular, difficult to find, etc.
Generally, I am slow to act on purchases and could use a push.

x2drich2000
01-17-2017, 03:10 PM
I don't think you could go wrong with either set and I think it really is a personal call. You didn't indicate what grade your looking for, but both can be put together without much difficulty relatively cheap. The E95 set has more portraits where as E93 is more action shot oriented. The E93 has more HOFers including Young, Joss, Brown, and Lajoie who are not in the E95.

DJ

GaleClark23
01-17-2017, 04:52 PM
I'm sure that I will primarily collect in the 2-3 range with some exception...

Edwolf1963
01-17-2017, 06:19 PM
For what it's worth I have been collecting both sets for some time and completed the E93's, almost complete on the E95's - had only Wagner left. I say "had' as I just consigned them over to REA for their spring auction in April. The E95's are all mid-grade (4 to 7) and are absolutely fantastic looking ( .. every seller says that :D)

The E93's range from low to high - have a nice Matty and Cy Young in SGC60, Wagner, Cobb and all the other HOFs - - a few others in mid/higher grade all the way down to some commons in lower grade. I'm not sure how they will be parsed up in the auctions - singles vs. groups - but wanted to let you know they're great cards/great sets to collect and .. well - I'll have several up for your consideration in the REA Spring Auction!

All the best in your collecting!

Ed

GaleClark23
01-17-2017, 08:13 PM
Thanks for the replies. Ed I just saw your post in the BST from months ago with some of your E cards. I will check them out this spring.

Leon
01-21-2017, 05:19 PM
Since both sets are relatively small you could try to do both, as you mentioned was an option :)
....I have been reading about the history of the caramel cards and am thinking about slowly collecting 93s or 95s or both of them.
I would appreciate some guidance as to which set is most popular, difficult to find, etc.
Generally, I am slow to act on purchases and could use a push.

Donscards
01-21-2017, 05:36 PM
I just purchased a E95 set at the White Plains show The Cobb was graded a 3---the rest were raw---I had SGC grade 10 cards--mostly 3-4 and 5's----I sent in the rest to SGC this week---lower grade , should be 2 and 3's---but a very nice set---25 cards so easy to complete---They are beautiful cards and wouldn't mind getting more---