PDA

View Full Version : Does eBay wipe away neg. feedback?

Edwolf1963
01-16-2017, 12:33 PM
http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=great_lakes_auction_house&&_trksid=p2047675.l2560&rt=nc&iid=381915538104&sspagename=VIP%3Afeedback&ftab=FeedbackAsSeller

I recall these guys (Great Lakes Auction House) not too long ago having their share of negatives for overly flowery descriptions that didn't match reality, not as expected, etc. Nothing to the extreme that Battlefield is bringing in and short of outright fraudulent claims ( .. that I recall anyway) - GLAH did have a decent share complaints in some similar vein for enhanced scans and overstatements.

Now I noticed they are at 100% and no negatives (or neutrals) to be found. What happened?

Does eBay clean up your negatives for you - especially if you drum up a lot of business for them? I thought I noticed a few others - longstanding sellers, high volume with what I thought were assorted blemishes that all of the sudden look to be gone. I wasn't certain and it didn't resonate enough with me to ask - - but these guys I know had their share and now they're at 100% :confused::mad:

1952boyntoncollector
01-16-2017, 12:38 PM
the person making the negative can have it retracted i know for sure

i know sure about the seller on their own proving that a negative is unwarranted...someone else can answer that

D. Bergin
01-16-2017, 01:04 PM
The statistics only count for the last 12 months.

If you go far enough back you can see some neutrals and negatives, though I didn't see any really disturbing patterns, or I just didn't go back far enough.

Mostly stuff like, "didn't grade as high as I expected", which I imagine is part of the game when you're buying raw in order to get graded.

D. Bergin
01-16-2017, 01:05 PM
Also, if somebody become unregistered or kicked off of Ebay, and they were the culprit for a lot of negs....all of their left feedback will disappear.

EvilKing00
01-16-2017, 01:12 PM
http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=great_lakes_auction_house&&_trksid=p2047675.l2560&rt=nc&iid=381915538104&sspagename=VIP%3Afeedback&ftab=FeedbackAsSeller

I recall these guys (Great Lakes Auction House) not too long ago having their share of negatives for overly flowery descriptions that didn't match reality, not as expected, etc. Nothing to the extreme that Battlefield is bringing in and short of outright fraudulent claims ( .. that I recall anyway) - GLAH did have a decent share complaints in some similar vein for enhanced scans and overstatements.

Now I noticed they are at 100% and no negatives (or neutrals) to be found. What happened?

Does eBay clean up your negatives for you - especially if you drum up a lot of business for them? I thought I noticed a few others - longstanding sellers, high volume with what I thought were assorted blemishes that all of the sudden look to be gone. I wasn't certain and it didn't resonate enough with me to ask - - but these guys I know had their share and now they're at 100% :confused::mad:

wipe away? you mean, like, with a cloth? (sry i just couldn't resist)

Rookiemonster
01-16-2017, 01:14 PM
Yes I negged the sh*t out of a guy for canceling my purchase because I asked him when it will be shipped . Then on the day it was to be shipped ,I asked him if it had been shipped. He played dumb like what you didn't buy anything from me . I showed him what I had purchased and he said I was being to aggressive so he went ahead and canceled the order.

eBay removed my NEG because after he sent me the last messsage i sent him one saying if you cancel the order I will leave you a neg. EBay said they removed my neg because I tried to black mail him lol . Yup it was considered
Extortion! And eBay does not allow this . But it does allow the seller to cancel a auction that the seller did not like the final price in hummmmm.

Ps this killed my desire for the chase of 1951 Bowman cards . I'm still mad ��

JustinD
01-16-2017, 01:37 PM

I think you are (like the majority) confused by the feedback system.

The snapshot overview contains only the past 12 months. There are many negatives if you go past that by looking at the feedback. Ebay's percentage of negatives is only based on a 12 month window. If your feedback is 10%, you just need to wait twelve months, get enough feedbacks to calculate a new percentage (I think it's 10) and it will be 100% again with the new positives.

Republicaninmass
01-16-2017, 01:37 PM
Yes the do, check probsteins negs ending daily...also they have a "revised" feedbavk total

Edwolf1963
01-16-2017, 03:52 PM
I think you are (like the majority) confused by the feedback system.

The snapshot overview contains only the past 12 months. There are many negatives if you go past that by looking at the feedback. Ebay's percentage of negatives is only based on a 12 month window. If your feedback is 10%, you just need to wait twelve months, get enough feedbacks to calculate a new percentage (I think it's 10) and it will be 100% again with the new positives.

Thanks Justin, I get the 12 month view aspect .. I thought I had run across them a few times over the summer/fall and with more then a few neutrals and negatives (even in last month) for the same general theme - "not as described", the use of the blue background to make the pictures look better, enhanced scans, happy talk descriptions, etc. Hasn't been 12 months since but all of the sudden they're all gone?

Leon
01-18-2017, 04:06 PM
I have heard of ebay removing negs on many occasions...

savedfrommyspokes
01-18-2017, 06:19 PM
I have had ebay remove several negatives that have been left for me with a phone call. However, first, I sent a polite message to the buyer who left the feedback offering to do anything reasonable to resolve the concern. When I send this message, one of two things happen. Either the buyer responds, the concern is resolved and the feedback is removed by the buyer, or the buyer does not respond. If there is no response, I wait about a week, call ebay and mention that I tried to resolve the concern and the buyer never did respond back. The several times I have called with this scenario, the feedback was removed.