PDA

View Full Version : Google Business Review Extortion

ajenks3378
01-12-2017, 01:09 PM
I made a purchase from someone through Craigslist for a ticket stub.
Paid them through their bank account...they sent me the ticket.
Deal was made.
Now today i get a call from the person...demanding some more money or they will "make me pay"
Obviously i tell them they arent getting another dime from me the transaction is complete.
10 minutes later i own and operate a small biz...and a 1 star review shows up on google for my company from this person.
All i can do is flag it and mark what is wrong with it and hope for removal.
Does anyone else have any help or suggestions.
Andy

JustinD
01-13-2017, 10:24 AM
Maybe a quick call to the local law enforcement to ask about filing a harassment and extortion complaint.

More than likely it leads to nothing as they have better things to do, but they will probably call the person and that could scare them enough to withdraw or not continue in the harassment.

Leon
01-19-2017, 08:38 AM
Maybe a quick call to the local law enforcement to ask about filing a harassment and extortion complaint.

More than likely it leads to nothing as they have better things to do, but they will probably call the person and that could scare them enough to withdraw or not continue in the harassment.

I agree. Your local law enforcement is who to start with. You might be able to get them to make a call to see if the person will stop and/or delete the negative. After that, it becomes a civil lawsuit.....and you can always tell the idiot he will be facing a potential civil charges lawsuit if he doesn't comply and stop.

clydepepper
01-19-2017, 11:16 AM
I made a purchase from someone through Craigslist for a ticket stub.
Paid them through their bank account...they sent me the ticket.
Deal was made.
Now today i get a call from the person...demanding some more money or they will "make me pay"
Obviously i tell them they arent getting another dime from me the transaction is complete.
10 minutes later i own and operate a small biz...and a 1 star review shows up on google for my company from this person.
All i can do is flag it and mark what is wrong with it and hope for removal.
Does anyone else have any help or suggestions.
Andy

I've heard enough horror stories already to make the decision to never, ever do any business on Craigslist.

drcy
01-28-2017, 03:36 AM
Concerning the reliability of Yelp reviews, a local restaurant owner said he got a bad review the week before his restaurant opened.

bnorth
01-28-2017, 06:51 AM
Concerning the reliability of Yelp reviews, a local restaurant owner said he got a bad review the week before his restaurant opened.

That is funny David.

We have friends that own the largest buffet restaurant in the state and you can see the fake bad reviews a mile away. Some are comically funny they are so made up.