PDA

View Full Version : Help With Vintage Baseball Book

btcarfagno
01-12-2017, 07:46 AM
I was able to acquire a copy of the 1929 book "Baseball For Girls and Women" by Gladys Palmer a couple of weeks back. As a collector of women in baseball items it was right up my alley. Still I do not know that much about it in terms of popularity or value. It would be purely for my own edification as it is now part of my collection and will remain so. I assume that the title likely didn't have a huge print run back in the day, but I also assume that the audience for something like it today is rather negligible.

There is no dust jacket but the entire book seems to have never been opened before. Amazing like new condition.

I can post a picture later if it is needed or requested.

Thanks for any help.

Tom C

bgar3
01-12-2017, 08:51 AM
Tom, I like this book and it sounds like yours is in great condition. I have seen a number of ex library copies, but fewer nice condition copies. Having said that I would say 40 to 60 dollars top value, although in there are orobably copies available for more. Max would know if there was a dust jacket originally.
I consider it important for women's baseball.

baseballart
01-14-2017, 09:24 AM
As Bruce notes, it's a hard to find title. Given its publication date and the design of the boards, I am almost certain it was issued with a dust jacket. However, I've not seen one

It's another difficult to find book which doesn't seem to have the demand, but as you say, should be a keeper