PDA

View Full Version : ⚾️1968 topps Johnny Bench rookie variation ?

Rookiemonster
01-11-2017, 11:48 AM
So picked theses cards up in 2016 . I was comparing the cards and noticed a difference . I'm not sure if This is something that has been discussed previously.

My findings : the MC one I would say is normal .

The other one also off center very common with theses cards . But if you look at
The left shoulder of becnch you will see a thin blue line between the red and black on his jersey.

Both Tompkins and bench's ear seem to be floating off .

The blue line also has a darker back where the Regular one has a cream back . I thought this might be from a smoker collection but , when I compared to others on eBay I noticed it on all the blue line variations .

I also think the The regular the C and P seem a bit bigger but this can be a illusion.

JollyElm
01-11-2017, 03:23 PM
I'm trying to figure out why you're posting the pictures upside down, that doesn't help clarify what you're talking about at all, but from what you seem to be describing, I imagine it's just that the colors became shifted off center a tiny bit during printing.

JustinD
01-11-2017, 04:05 PM
Yes, looks like a blue color shift.

Rookiemonster
01-11-2017, 04:09 PM
I didn't post them And flipped on there own it always happens to me .

irv
01-11-2017, 07:06 PM
I didn't post them And flipped on there own it always happens to me .

See if this works?

Rookiemonster
01-11-2017, 07:09 PM
Thanks irv.

Guys but if there are more examples of this color shift does it then become a error or variation.

bnorth
01-12-2017, 07:52 AM
Thanks irv.

Guys but if there are more examples of this color shift does it then become a error or variation.

Error, variation it could be called either depending on the person because we all have different definitions for the words. The thing is you can pick up any 2 baseball cards that are the same year/player and it you look long enough you will find something different.

Just look at some of the silly stuff people call error/variations in the error/variations thread. For full disclosure I collect a lot of that silly stuff, I just don't pay silly prices for it.

Rookiemonster
01-12-2017, 08:55 AM
Error, variation it could be called either depending on the person because we all have different definitions for the words. The thing is you can pick up any 2 baseball cards that are the same year/player and it you look long enough you will find something different.

Just look at some of the silly stuff people call error/variations in the error/variations thread. For full disclosure I collect a lot of that silly stuff, I just don't pay silly prices for it.

Thanks for the input Ben . Maybe I'll add the pic to the error/variation thread.
lol I was just not sure if this was a thing that others have noticed or considered it variation. I would call it either one but I wasn't sure how others would view this.

Is this something you would collect as a error or variation yourself ?

bnorth
01-12-2017, 09:07 AM
Thanks for the input Ben . Maybe I'll add the pic to the error/variation thread.
lol I was just not sure if this was a thing that others have noticed or considered it variation. I would call it either one but I wasn't sure how others would view this.

Is this something you would collect as a error or variation yourself ?

If the print much offset was larger yes. I even pay a premium for those but not when it is this small. It needs to be one of those blurry ones that look like you need 3D glasses to look at it.:)

Rookiemonster
01-12-2017, 09:40 AM
I see well there might be a few out there for you hahah.