PDA

View Full Version : WARNING - DEADBEAT buyer in MASS

hcv123
01-07-2017, 05:11 PM
The guys name is Alex D in Massachusetts - goes by the ebay user id:

brsox1918

Short version - We negotiate a deal which he commits to on December 13th. He was going to send a non refundable deposit after Christmas and one way or another pay the card off by April (possibly installments, possibly one lump sum). Having not received the check by December 30th I e-mail him. He tells me that he thought he said after new years (He didn't - it's in black and white in a previous e-mail which I send to him). No response. I sent him an e-mail the other day letting him know if I didn't have a check in hand by this Wednesday I would be offering the card elsewhere. He e-mails me back telling me that he got a couple of opinions that he is overpaying for the card and is still interested , but at a tad more than 1/2 of what he committed to buy it for! Needless to say? I sent him a few choice words and wanted to let "the community" know to look out for him.

Howard

Ps. Anyone interested in more gory detail - pm me and I will forward you the e-mails.

Pps. Ironically - at the beginning of conversation - he was questioning my reputation and expressed concern among other things that he wanted to pay for it in close proximity to receiving it for fear that I might die during the "layaway period". Another option he put on the table was I send him the card and he sends me 3 post dated checks - I can imagine what that would have looked like - thank God I've been doing this for a while and know better.

Really needed to vent - thanks for listening/reading!

jchcollins
01-11-2017, 07:36 PM
Nothing against this board (I've sold cards here before...) but stories like this and I feel a lot of comfort in the eBay guarantee. That sounds almost like a Craigslist story. People can be crazy...

hcv123
01-15-2017, 08:17 PM
He wanted to do the deal off ebay - what a surprise!