PDA

View Full Version : White Plains Show

Fooz
01-05-2017, 01:26 PM
Has anybody been to a White Plains show lately? I went to one about 12 years ago and it was pretty good, I'm thinking about going to the one on January 13th. Just wondering if it's worth a 2 hour drive still.

Thanks, Mark

brookdodger55
01-05-2017, 02:40 PM
They have a good mix of dealers Pre-war Vintage and Modern. Some dealers have memorabilia and Game used items. As prices go depends on the dealers, some want to make money and others want to have a museum.
Mike

Rookiemonster
01-05-2017, 03:18 PM
They have a good mix of dealers Pre-war Vintage and Modern. Some dealers have memorabilia and Game used items. As prices go depends on the dealers, some want to make money and others want to have a museum.
Mike

+1

They also have autograph guest .

toppcat
01-05-2017, 05:43 PM
Word is it's attracting some good non-sports dealers as well these days. I think Jimmy can assume the old Ft Washington Mantle to a degree if he keeps plugging.

th38larg
01-05-2017, 06:19 PM
I'm about 45-90 min away depending on traffic conditions and I feel it's worth the trip. I usually make it to at least one of the White Plains shows each year. As stated above, good mix of pre-war, vintage and memorabilia. Also, there are some good dealers if your trying to set build on the cheap. They have a decent lineup of signers (especially for football) if that's something you look for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

58pinson
01-06-2017, 06:45 PM
Went to the first one in years in March 2016. Thought it was a really good show. They had it upstairs on the arena floor, there were on site grading opportunities, a Nathan's dog and a large Diet Coke. Enjoyed it thoroughly, and thought it well worth the ride up from Ocean County, NJ. Only downer was my 4 1993 Jeter SP's came back from SGC as 3 88's and an 86.' Was hoping for a Wonka ticket!

Re-visited at Thanksgiving weekend and let's just say - no so much. Show was downstairs (coins and such had the arena) in the basement, dealer
participation was markedly less impressive, and the customers looked a lot less willing (and probably able) to spend.

If weather permits I'll try my luck next Saturday, 1/14. There's a vinly record show in Wayne, NJ going on that same day so I guess I'll have two shots to enjoy myself. Don't think I'll find a high grade Pinson rookie there though.

ibuysportsephemera
01-06-2017, 06:56 PM
58Pinson is correct, the upstairs shows seem to be much better with more dealers and a better mix of items. I am about an hour away and go to 1 or 2 of the larger shows a year.

Jeff

Snapolit1
01-06-2017, 07:47 PM
Ditto. Upstairs show worth the trip. Downstairs in basement not so much.

Fooz
01-14-2017, 07:39 AM
Made it to the show yesterday picked up 3 pretty nice cards.
I thought there would be more graded cards. I still see a lot of dealers have ungraded cards.
Definitely a good day to browse...worth the trip from Albany.

th38larg
01-14-2017, 08:12 PM
Hit the show today...place was packed unlike any other regional show I've been to in a while. Nice roster of autograph signers brought a lot of people out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EldoEsq
01-14-2017, 09:00 PM
I agree...this was the most crowded show I have been to in a long time!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

toppcat
01-15-2017, 07:21 AM
Cranston seems to have gone poof and Ft Washington is a shadow of its former glory so good to see this one growing.