PDA

View Full Version : Adam Wainwright Signature Request (with Inscription)

smotan_02
01-04-2017, 03:19 PM
Hi
Im a sports collector but my first time to venture over to the Autograph page. I have an unusual question but figured someone here could point me in the right direction.

My boss is a senior Army officer and a big Adam Wainwright fan (St. Louis Cardinals in general). He will be leaving the organization later this year, but wanted to think of a great way of saying thank you for being an incredible boss. I would really like to get a signed photo or baseball from Adam Wainwright that is inscribed directly to him.

Any ideas on a good place to start?

Thanks
Scotty

sbfinley
01-04-2017, 05:47 PM
Check out sportscollectors.net. Spring training graphers are gearing up and accepting consignments right now. I've used several and they've all worked out great. Two things though: 1) SCN has a $15 fee for a year subscription to the boards and 2) It might be real tough to get a specific inscription on an IP consignment.

Good luck!

roarfrom34
01-05-2017, 08:48 AM
I'd write a nice, hand written letter to the PR Director of the Cardinals

bn2cardz
01-05-2017, 09:41 AM
Jan 16th he will be signing at the Cardinal Winter Warm UP. The cost of his auto is $75.

http://stlouis.cardinals.mlb.com/stl/fan_forum/winter_warm_up/autograph-tickets/

I am sure you could find someone that is attending that can do this for you.

smotan_02
01-05-2017, 01:11 PM
I'd write a nice, hand written letter to the PR Director of the Cardinals

This may be a good route. I appreciate this advice. Im sure I can find the mailing address online. Guess I would be worried it would get lost in the shuffle or not really taken seriously.

smotan_02
01-05-2017, 01:14 PM
Jan 16th he will be signing at the Cardinal Winter Warm UP. The cost of his auto is $75.

http://stlouis.cardinals.mlb.com/stl/fan_forum/winter_warm_up/autograph-tickets/

Thanks- I've never been to these. Do you happen to know if the autograph ticket includes inscription? The catch of the gift is that it is personalized directly to him...otherwise I would just by a ball/picture off of ebay.

Is the autograph homepage the best place to ask if anyone is attending?

Sorry for all the questions- again, autographs is not an area I venture in to. I mostly stay within the memorabilia side of the house.

bn2cardz
01-05-2017, 01:53 PM
Thanks- I've never been to these. Do you happen to know if the autograph ticket includes inscription? The catch of the gift is that it is personalized directly to him...otherwise I would just by a ball/picture off of ebay.

Is the autograph homepage the best place to ask if anyone is attending?

Sorry for all the questions- again, autographs is not an area I venture in to. I mostly stay within the memorabilia side of the house.

I use to go regularly but haven't been in a few years. Then it was always included. I never had an issue getting something added.

I am sure there are others going from the board. If you can't find a friendly person willing to do it at cost, maybe reach out to some of the memorabilia shops around the St. Louis area and ask if any of them would be willing to do this for you.

w7imel
01-06-2017, 11:08 PM

I would try to find someone soon as the autographs apear to be selling out for the big names.. Jan 16th is 3 day weekend you should take a mini vacation to St Louis..:D:D:D

bn2cardz
01-07-2017, 07:47 AM
I would try to find someone soon as the autographs apear to be selling out for the big names.. Jan 16th is 3 day weekend you should take a mini vacation to St Louis..:D:D:D

I know some dealers buy multiple auto tickets so if he contacts one of these dealers he can get it personalized, but I am sure it would be a premium.