PDA

View Full Version : Pass word changed

zimp
12-29-2016, 01:11 PM
I just got an email saying I changed my password....which I didn't.....would this be a hack?

bnorth
12-29-2016, 01:19 PM
I just got an email saying I changed my password....which I didn't.....would this be a hack?

I would PM Leon.

Brian Van Horn
12-29-2016, 01:24 PM
Some funky stuff happening lately.

On another note, Bill, good to see a post from you. Just wish it wasn't under these circumstances.

Happy Holidays to you.

BengoughingForAwhile
12-29-2016, 01:28 PM

Probably Putin.

EvilKing00
12-29-2016, 01:37 PM
Probably Putin.

Lmao!

EvilKing00
12-29-2016, 01:39 PM

Dont click any links in the email if there were any and U should change your password to something difficult

Michael B
12-29-2016, 03:22 PM
I need numerous passwords in my office for the various sites I use. I was just told I needed another one for a new site I will never use so I picked dumbasspassword with several numbers and symbols after it. I am hoping that on the off chance that I talk to an administrator at the site they ask me for it. Unfortunately anotherdumbasspassword with several numbers and symbols was too long.

Leon
12-29-2016, 03:49 PM
It wasn't anything I, or our system, generated. I, or we (the other mods), never change passwords without a members involvement. It could be a phishing scam so please be careful. If anyone has any kind of issue like that please PM me, or another moderator, and I/we can look into the database and make sure everything is ok. Always PM me or another moderator if there is any question on this kind of situation. Except upon intial registration do we ever ask for any contact or password (and we don't ask for that, only you know it) info. thanks