PDA

View Full Version : Your most unusual item?

GrayGhost
12-27-2016, 12:02 PM
wE have favorite, best, etc. Not sure if this is a category. I still have this, thankfully nobody has bought it..lol. My Charles Comiskey art ball. POST YOURS!!!;)

bnorth
12-27-2016, 01:47 PM
Cool unusual item Scott.

Here is mine and is unusual for many reasons. First while I was bidding on the bat in a Mears auction it was listed as "Game Used". As soon as the auction was over it magically became a "Professional Model". Unusual isn't it.:confused:

Then when I went to add the Billy Ripken to the barrel I messed up. I only put Bill Ripken so the name is not centered by 1 letter. I also did not have a wood burning tool and instead used a soldering pen to burn the letters in. Wow was that a pain in the butt.

Then lastly I blew up the knob on the famous 89 Fleer card. Turned it into a transfer sheet and added the famous F Face to the bat knob.

Overall I am very happy with my "Custom" piece. It is a nice addition to my large Bill Ripken collection focused on his 89 Fleer card and many of its variations.

Runscott
12-27-2016, 03:10 PM
Ben, that's a great piece - it would display great with a poster-size copy of the Fleer card.

bnorth
12-27-2016, 05:39 PM
Ben, that's a great piece - it would display great with a poster-size copy of the Fleer card.

Thanks Scott, not sure why the bottom looks so white, it's not in hand.

slidekellyslide
12-27-2016, 07:13 PM
That is freaking hilarious, Ben. :D

Screamer
01-02-2017, 07:05 PM
Beautiful piece of history; thank you for the share