PDA

View Full Version : Possible major screw up by me

Baseball Fan
12-24-2016, 09:32 PM
I just bought this at Steiner in its closeout sale because I thought the price was really strong. But after buying it, I realized it wasn't authenticated by Steiner but just JSA.

Dang it. This is after the fact so I'm already screwed, but does this item look legit to you?

https://www.steinersports.com/products/new-york-yankees-multi-signed-100-years-of-yankees-baseball-20x24-photo72-sigs?sort=asc-title

Kco
12-24-2016, 10:47 PM
I see a Steiner holo in the picture? Either way, having been there for several years and involved with signings, I can tell you these are OK. They were often signed to meet a signing contract, e.g Goose Gossage was brought in to do a public for 500 autographs and only had 100 public and 200 baseballs we would do photos and multi signed pieces like this to complete the commitment. The autos are fine, they are likely just trying to move these along now.

Baseball Fan
12-24-2016, 10:51 PM
I see a Steiner holo in the picture? Either way, having been there for several years and involved with signings, I can tell you these are OK. They were often signed to meet a signing contract, e.g Goose Gossage was brought in to do a public for 500 autographs and only had 100 public and 200 baseballs we would do photos and multi signed pieces like this to complete the commitment. The autos are fine, they are likely just trying to move these along now.

Thanks for your response. Really appreciate it. I can't tell if that's a JSA holo or a Steiner one, but when I looked at eBay's Steiner page they have these but say it's JSA authenticated. I totally trust Steiner in terms of authenticity, but am not as confident in JSA.

Kco
12-24-2016, 11:14 PM
Looking through the names I see a TON of those guys did cobranded signings in and around the White Plains shows held by JPRS. JSA was on site for those JPRS shows. I personally witnessed this shot being signed by several players over the years including Yogi, Reggie, Cone and others. The piece is good, enjoy it regardless of authenticity!!

Baseball Fan
12-24-2016, 11:23 PM
Looking through the names I see a TON of those guys did cobranded signings in and around the White Plains shows held by JPRS. JSA was on site for those JPRS shows. I personally witnessed this shot being signed by several players over the years including Yogi, Reggie, Cone and others. The piece is good, enjoy it regardless of authenticity!!

Thank you, sir. Makes me feel a lot better.

djson1
12-27-2016, 02:32 PM
The link doesn't seem to work any longer. I think Steiner removed it.

Baseball Fan
12-27-2016, 02:47 PM
The link doesn't seem to work any longer. I think Steiner removed it.

They sold out along with a few other items. I will find the link from an eBay one to show you what it looks like.

Baseball Fan
12-27-2016, 02:49 PM
http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-York-Yankees-100-Years-of-Yankees-Baseball-20x24-Photo-72-Sigs-JSA-/201206696856?hash=item2ed8da8b98:g:4XAAAOSwF1dUUqB T

bnorth
12-27-2016, 02:58 PM

Thank you, sir. Makes me feel a lot better.

I had to double quote to get both in here. Now what part makes you feel a lot better. The last line kills me "The piece is good, enjoy it regardless of authenticity!!". What does regardless of authenticity mean?

I understand what he meant by it but it really made me LOL when I read it.:D It is a beautiful piece, congrats on the pick up.

Baseball Fan
12-27-2016, 03:12 PM
I had to double quote to get both in here. Now what part makes you feel a lot better. The last line kills me "The piece is good, enjoy it regardless of authenticity!!". What does regardless of authenticity mean?

I understand what he meant by it but it really made me LOL when I read it.:D It is a beautiful piece, congrats on the pick up.

Hahahaha. Yeah, it does sound funny but I knew what he meant.

djson1
12-27-2016, 03:13 PM
This IS a nice piece. This must have been signed earlier in Mariano Duncan's career (?).

Kco
12-27-2016, 03:23 PM
Lol, after re-reading what I wrote, I should've said regardless of the fact that JSA or Steiner is on it. The signatures speak for themselves and it's a nice piece especially for the price.

Hope everyone had a nice Holiday!