PDA

View Full Version : Random number grading??

Bigdaddy
12-22-2016, 05:34 PM
Looking through some '67 high numbers on the 'bay and ran across this beauty.

Are they now randomly generating the number grades or are the grades out of 100 (instead of 10)?

njdunkin1
12-22-2016, 05:38 PM
Bccg always coughs up poor grades, often 4 or even 5 above what the card deserves. :)

bnorth
12-22-2016, 05:39 PM
No it is a BCCG card, they are a very low end division of Beckett. You can go to Becketts web site and look at how they grade.

bnorth
12-22-2016, 05:44 PM
Bccg always coughs up poor grades, often 4 or even 5 above what the card deserves. :)

This is not true, they grade cards on a much different scale.

njdunkin1
12-22-2016, 06:09 PM
This is not true, they grade cards on a much different scale.

Really? Maybe it is just from my experience with vintage in BCCG. Regardless, I find their gradings to be head-scratchers most of the time.

bnorth
12-22-2016, 06:18 PM
Really? Maybe it is just from my experience with vintage in BCCG. Regardless, I find their gradings to be head-scratchers most of the time.

This card is graded a 6 good that is equal to a BVG 2 Good. The thing is BCCG cards are graded on a 5-10 scale and not the normal 1-10 scale and that does confuse some. I know when it first come out it confused me till I looked up the weird scale BCCG uses.

njdunkin1
12-22-2016, 06:19 PM
This card is graded a 6 good that is equal to a BVG 2 Good. The thing is BCCG cards are graded on a 5-10 scale and not the normal 1-10 scale and that does confuse some.

Ohhhh.....now I get it. That makes a whole lot more sense. Thank you, Ben!

swarmee
12-23-2016, 02:12 PM
http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=230386&highlight=bccg

http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/baseball/1066677-anyone-grade-plates.html

irv
12-23-2016, 07:30 PM
I was somewhat of a fan of Beckett before they took this route.

Imo, many unsuspecting buyers will see 6's and think of PSA 6's and pay accordingly.

Sellers, not the good ones, will be grinning from ear to ear. :(

bnorth
12-23-2016, 07:56 PM
I was somewhat of a fan of Beckett before they took this route.

Imo, many unsuspecting buyers will see 6's and think of PSA 6's and pay accordingly.

Sellers, not the good ones, will be grinning from ear to ear. :(

Chance the word unsuspecting to stupid and I 100% agree. Seriously how hard is it to look up the BCCG grading scale or even read the flip. It says 6 GOOD it does not say 6 EX-MT.

For people that actually want to safely store their cards in a very secure slab at a very cheap price they can't be beat. Yes some people use them to screw people but if you want to talk screwing people we should be talking PSA.:eek:

EDIT: Ok maybe trying to quit smoking for the millionth time is making me a little rude. Maybe change uninformed to too lazy to do research.:)

irv
12-23-2016, 08:15 PM
Chance the word unsuspecting to stupid and I 100% agree. Seriously how hard is it to look up the BCCG grading scale or even read the flip. It says 6 GOOD it does not say 6 EX-MT.

For people that actually want to safely store their cards in a very secure slab at a very cheap price they can't be beat. Yes some people use them to screw people but if you want to talk screwing people we should be talking PSA.:eek:

I hear what you are saying, Ben, but this act is purely deceptive, nothing less, and Beckett knows it.

Aquarian Sports Cards
12-23-2016, 08:39 PM
whenever I accidentally (through a collection or some big purchase) acquire these turkeys I always include an explanation that the grading system is entirely different in my listings.

irv
12-26-2016, 11:03 AM
whenever I accidentally (through a collection or some big purchase) acquire these turkeys I always include an explanation that the grading system is entirely different in my listings.

You are one of the good ones, Scott. This seller just lists his as a 7 and nothing that explains the reason for the grade. Like I said above, some sellers are going to love this new grading system.

Glad to see it hasn't received any bids towards his asking (It's not a $32.00 dollar card) so maybe more than I think are wise to this?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/182391179662?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT