PDA

View Full Version : Should I regrade this Clemente RC?

kemdawg
12-20-2016, 08:42 PM
Would love to get everyone's opinion on whether or not I should get this Clemente RC regraded. I thought it had a legitimate chance at a PSA 4, but it came back as a 3. There are no creases on it (that's a reflection on the middle/bottom of the case). I think it got the 3 because of the corners. Let me know what you think...thanks!

swarmee
12-20-2016, 08:52 PM
I think it has a fair shot at a PSA 4 after a crackout.

Manny Trillo
12-20-2016, 09:06 PM
Absurd that it has come to this.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G530AZ using Tapatalk

GasHouseGang
12-20-2016, 09:27 PM
To give you a better assessment a scan would help. It might get a 4 if you resubmit it, but it is always a gamble. If it was my card, I would probably give it a try. Especially if you feel strongly about it.

kemdawg
12-20-2016, 10:45 PM
To give you a better assessment a scan would help. It might get a 4 if you resubmit it, but it is always a gamble. If it was my card, I would probably give it a try. Especially if you feel strongly about it.

I totally agree - unfortunately, my scanner's resolution is worse than my camera's.

I was 60% sure it would get a four, mainly because there were no creases. In your opinion, is it better to:
1. Crack it out and regrade with PSA
2. Send back to PSA to review
3. Crack it out and regrade with SGC
4. Send to SGC for cross-over

GasHouseGang
12-21-2016, 10:45 AM
I don't really have the experience with some of these different resubmission options you've listed to have an opinion, because I haven't done it. I would think PSA is unlikely to bump the grade if you resubmit the card in the holder for review. I know a lot of people have resubmitted the same card raw to PSA many times until they either give up, or get the grade they think the card deserves. And I have cracked out SGC cards and submitted them raw to PSA. This is thought to increase your chances of getting a bump, and I've had some luck doing this. If you plan to sell this card, it would probably sell for a bit more in a PSA holder just because of the PSA set registry. Good luck.

Snapolit1
12-21-2016, 11:58 AM
My seat of the pants, back of the envelope, 40,000 foot view opinion, having not even seen the card, is this: based on 100s of similar posts, and my personal experience with both companies, over 90% of submitters convinced they are getting a bump these days don't get one. Seems the goalposts have been moved fairly dramatically in recent years. Not saying it won't happen but doesn't seem to be happening with much regularity.