PDA

View Full Version : T 206 question

philliesfan
12-20-2016, 04:50 PM
Would soaking and pressing a T206 get out a surface wrinkle?
Thanks,
Robert

Gradedcardman
12-20-2016, 04:55 PM
I'm not a pro and soaking and pressing for a surface wrinkle but I am now going to try the next one I see and see if it works. Seems plausible to me but I would only try the first time on a lower priced common. I have soaked strictly for excess paper.

T206Collector
12-20-2016, 04:59 PM
It may be possible. I've never seen it done successfully. Years ago a ton of hobby "purists" on here would have vilified you for even suggesting you might do it. :p

swarmee
12-20-2016, 07:10 PM
They still will; if it was detected (based on the size of the image expanding or the width of the card increasing or depth decreasing), it would garner you an Authentic - Altered Stock from PSA.

bnorth
12-20-2016, 07:24 PM
I have a "friend" that is a "former" card doctor and from what I "hear" it is only a temporary fix. It will definitely reduce major creases. It will make minor wrinkles disappear but they always come back. Ever see a PSA card and go how did it get that grade with those minor creases, it did not have them when it was graded.

Like John posted sometimes PSA with catch it and give you a "A".

Now this is all just a rumor so please consider that.:)

Leon
12-21-2016, 07:55 AM
I think I would question your card doctor friend on the pressed wrinkles ALWAYS coming back. My guess would be they might and they might not. I have never tried to press a wrinkle out but have known more than a few card doctors.

I have a "friend" that is a "former" card doctor and from what I "hear" it is only a temporary fix. It will definitely reduce major creases. It will make minor wrinkles disappear but they always come back. Ever see a PSA card and go how did it get that grade with those minor creases, it did not have them when it was graded.

Like John posted sometimes PSA with catch it and give you a "A".

Now this is all just a rumor so please consider that.:)

bnorth
12-21-2016, 08:28 AM
I think I would question your card doctor friend on the pressed wrinkles ALWAYS coming back. My guess would be they might and they might not. I have never tried to press a wrinkle out but have known more than a few card doctors.

I was assuming by soaking and pressing they meant a bowl of water and some books used to press. I was not talking professional work.

Bill77
12-21-2016, 09:45 AM
With my very limited experience with soaking cards (only 2 so far) soaking works more like anti-wrinkle cream in that it reduces the look of fine lines and wrinkles, but does not remove them entirely.