PDA

View Full Version : Advise on selling on Amazon

greenmonster66
12-19-2016, 01:40 PM
With the New Year quickly approaching up on us, thinking of ways to expand my biz. I have had the Ebay for several years now and was thinking of selling on Amazon.

Does anyone here sell on Amazon and if so, how do you find it working out for you?

bcbgcbrcb
12-19-2016, 01:46 PM
Hey, Neal:

I have never sold anything on Amazon, I looked into selling my Negro League book a couple of years ago but you have to have a bar code and I didn't. It was kind of expensive to obtain so I passed on Amazon. I have bought a lot of books and DVD's, however, the best thing about it is probably the $3.99 shipping on ANY books or videos.

I have also used ETSY for buying but have never sold on there either. Sorry, I couldn't really answer your question though.

mechanicalman
12-19-2016, 02:20 PM
My mom has a fledgling Amazon business, and based on her complaints at family functions, I would urge caution. They tend to almost always side with the buyers, even when buyers are clearly doing shady stuff. Of course, that's my mom's version of events, so who knows?

Good luck either way.

swarmee
12-19-2016, 03:32 PM
Does anyone here sell on Amazon and if so, how do you find it working out for you?

I sell on both Amazon and eBay through my account at www.comc.com and find that I probably sell 10% or less of my cards through Amazon. Probably an even split otherwise between eBay and COMC itself. Are you planning to sell cards or books or something else? Unless you have a lot of free time to pack, ship, etc, give COMC a try. If you need help with tips and tricks, send me a PM.

packs
12-19-2016, 03:39 PM
I wonder if there is a difference between this kind of sale and merchandise sales. When I have an issue with a package I buy the retailer is expected to send me a replacement. There isn't even usually any back and forth. They just mail it. You only have one of whatever you're selling. Not sure what that experience would be like if something were to happen to a package.

Leon
12-22-2016, 03:30 PM
I wonder if there is a difference between this kind of sale and merchandise sales. When I have an issue with a package I buy the retailer is expected to send me a replacement. There isn't even usually any back and forth. They just mail it. You only have one of whatever you're selling. Not sure what that experience would be like if something were to happen to a package.

Amazon seems to stand behind buyer's fairly well. I had a return a few days ago, on a household item I didn't order :), and it was tracked and handled quite well.

drcy
12-23-2016, 01:06 PM
Unique sport and non-sport memorabilia and autographs are offered for sale on amazon, but I believe amazon charges a much higher percentage so the prices are much higher. It's a different place with a different buying crowd-- which may be your very purpose.