PDA

View Full Version : 1952 Topps Complete Set Group Break - Results Posted!

jburl
12-19-2016, 10:50 AM
I am happy to offer a 1952 Topps Complete Set group break for $85 per slot. Check it out for specific rules/scans/condition info. Link to listing (http://burlssports.com/product/1952-topps-complete-set-group-break/)

PayPal, Check, MO are all accepted.

International shipping to Canada is $4 flat. If you hit a big card, I'll charge a little more to ship in a box instead of a bubble mailer.

https://i2.wp.com/burlssports.com/wp-content/uploads/f5826.jpg?fit=300%2C300https://i0.wp.com/burlssports.com/wp-content/uploads/1952sb_2.jpg?fit=300%2C300

Generally, the low numbers range from VG to VG-EX condition, with some better and worse, while the tough high numbers are generally in poor to good condition. Several people have asked for more details about the condition of specific cards, so I'll post those details in the listing linked above later today.

If you've never done a break with me, I've been doing these for about two years. I've hosted almost 50 breaks over that time, and I've yet to have one that didn't sell out. Most of my breaks sell out within the first three days, but this one is the most expensive to date, so I have tentatively set the break date at 12/30 in light of that. Generally, I broadcast the live break 3 days after sell-out to allow time for check/MO payments to arrive.

In the interest of full disclosure, I did pay a fee to place this post in the main forum.

Let me know if you have any questions via PM or at burl@burlssports.com

Thanks,
Justin (Burl) Burleson

Leon
12-21-2016, 01:35 PM
Good luck Justin and thanks again for letting Net54baseball help spread the word. I know a lot of our members enjoy the breaks.

I am happy to offer a 1952 Topps Complete Set group break for $85 per slot. Grab a spot by end of day tomorrow and pay just $80 per spot! Shipping is $3 (free if you buy 2 slots). Check it out for specific rules/scans/condition info. Link to listing (http://burlssports.com/product/1952-topps-complete-set-group-break/)

PayPal, Check, MO are all accepted.

https://i2.wp.com/burlssports.com/wp-content/uploads/f5826.jpg?fit=300%2C300https://i0.wp.com/burlssports.com/wp-content/uploads/1952sb_2.jpg?fit=300%2C300

Generally, the low numbers range from VG to VG-EX condition, with some better and worse, while the tough high numbers are generally in poor to good condition. Several people have asked for more details about the condition of specific cards, so I'll post those details in the listing linked above later today.

If you've never done a break with me, I've been doing these for about two years. I've hosted almost 50 breaks over that time, and I've yet to have one that didn't sell out. Most of my breaks sell out within the first three days, but this one is the most expensive to date, so I have tentatively set the break date at 12/30 in light of that. Generally, I broadcast the live break 3 days after sell-out to allow time for check/MO payments to arrive.

In the interest of full disclosure, I did pay a fee to place this post in the main forum.

Let me know if you have any questions via PM or at burl@burlssports.com

Thanks,
Justin (Burl) Burleson

Danny Smith
12-21-2016, 01:47 PM
I've participated in a ton of burl's breaks. Always fun and top notch. Glad to see you posting on here!!

jburl
12-22-2016, 02:32 PM
Good luck Justin and thanks again for letting Net54baseball help spread the word. I know a lot of our members enjoy the breaks.

Thanks, Leon!

I've participated in a ton of burl's breaks. Always fun and top notch. Glad to see you posting on here!!

I appreciate the kind words, Danny. :)

@all - as an update, we've sold just over 50% of the spots. Also, just posted details on a refer-a-friend and gift-a-break special for the '52 Topps set break. Earn a little back when you share the love! Check out the details here! (http://burlssports.com/1952-topps-refer-friend-gift-break-specials/)

Also, I've extended the $80 offer until Christmas day. After that, the price increases to $85 to cover the cost of some email blasts I'll do to help sell the rest.

Thanks, and don't hesitate to let me know if you have any questions! I'll be traveling some over the next couple of days, so if my responses are delayed, that's why.

Justin (Burl) Burleson
burl@burlssports.com

Rich Klein
12-22-2016, 03:07 PM
The way I figure this -- $80 for a passable high number is a reasonable price and the $80 figure means approximately 25 percent of the cards in the break are worth that money. Now that's a good risk in my book

Rich

mikemb
12-22-2016, 05:09 PM
I've participated in many of Justin's set breaks the past year and they are always fun and a good value. I have been lucky to get some nice cards, cards that I would probably not gotten for my collection. The actions are run very well and are enjoyable and exciting.

Mike

jfkheat
12-22-2016, 05:22 PM
I won a 1954 Ernie Banks rookie in one of Justin's set breaks.
James

skelly
12-22-2016, 06:29 PM
Obviously anyone would be thrilled to win the Mantle for $80, but I can't help myself... How is the card a 20 and not a "10 poor?" It looks really rough!

campyfan39
12-22-2016, 06:59 PM
I just bought myself a Christmas present.
Fingers crossed

jburl
12-22-2016, 07:30 PM
I won a 1954 Ernie Banks rookie in one of Justin's set breaks.
James
Thanks, James! Always fun to remember the hits!
I've participated in many of Justin's set breaks the past year and they are always fun and a good value. I have been lucky to get some nice cards, cards that I would probably not gotten for my collection. The actions are run very well and are enjoyable and exciting.

Mike
Glad you enjoy them, Mike!
The way I figure this -- $80 for a passable high number is a reasonable price and the $80 figure means approximately 25 percent of the cards in the break are worth that money. Now that's a good risk in my book

Rich
Thanks, Rich! You're right; that can't be said about most sets!
Obviously anyone would be thrilled to win the Mantle for $80, but I can't help myself... How is the card a 20 and not a "10 poor?" It looks really rough!
I hear ya. Buy the card, not the holder.
I just bought myself a Christmas present.
Fingers crossed
Nice! Best wishes!

C-mack
12-23-2016, 08:42 AM
Man sounds like a fun idea..Might have to keep an eye on the next one

owen21
12-23-2016, 06:45 PM
I'm in... great breaks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

irishdenny
12-23-2016, 09:58 PM
I Need a 52 Topps fir my Type Card Collection,
Great Way to Fil the Gap!

AddiN the Mick would be Sumtin Aye!?!?

jburl
12-24-2016, 07:43 AM
I'm in... great breaks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks!

I Need a 52 Topps fir my Type Card Collection,
Great Way to Fil the Gap!

AddiN the Mick would be Sumtin Aye!?!?

Thanks, Denny! Several guys buy into the breaks to just grab a type card for sets they need. The shot at a big fish is just a bonus!

Man sounds like a fun idea..Might have to keep an eye on the next one

Sounds good, C-mack! Set breaks aren't for everyone, but if you enjoy the anticipation, they are a lot of fun!

jasonc
12-25-2016, 10:35 AM
I'm in for 2. Good Luck to all and Merry Christmas!

jburl
12-26-2016, 02:51 PM
I'm in for 2. Good Luck to all and Merry Christmas!

Thanks for the purchase, Jason!

@All sorry for the delay in responses. I know a couple of you sent me emails that I'm just now getting to. We had a not-so-fun family toy-jammed-in-mouth trip to the hospital yesterday with our three-year-old. All is well after a small procedure today and he's back home from the hospital and playing with his Christmas gifts.

Anyway! Only 152 spots left in this break. Let's sell these out in the next couple of days!

jburl
12-28-2016, 03:12 PM
Down to 125 spots!

Bretsky
12-29-2016, 08:40 AM
I've got my two spots Justin...hope we get this filled soon as it is an iconic set.

campyfan39
01-02-2017, 03:36 PM
Website says the break would be the 30th. Any update?

jburl
01-02-2017, 03:49 PM
Yep! Email will go out to participants tonight. We didn't sell out before the 30th and there Still just under 60 spots available. Date is set for Thursday at 4:30 pm cst, one way or another, but I think we will be sold out. If not, I'll buy them myself.

Prices recut to $80 a little while ago.

Thanks!

Cmount76
01-02-2017, 03:52 PM
Cool. Just ordered my spot... Looking forward to it!

rp12367
01-03-2017, 07:09 PM
Just took lucky countdown spot #21. Fingers crossed :)

jburl
01-03-2017, 07:11 PM
Cool. Just ordered my spot... Looking forward to it!
Thanks!
Just took lucky countdown spot #21. Fingers crossed :)
We are getting there. Thanks!

jasonc
01-04-2017, 02:47 PM
It says out of stock, therefore I assume it's sold out now?

Justin, will there be a live video of the set break, and a link for it?

Thanks for setting this up.

jburl
01-04-2017, 02:55 PM
We just sold out about an hour ago! Thanks to everyone who bought in. The break will broadcast live online tomorrow at 4:30 PM CST.

You can watch it at this link: http://burlssports.com/1952-topps-complete-set-group-break-broadcast/

Or if you prefer to view on ustream, you can view it here: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/burlssports-com

Thanks!

kevinlenane
01-05-2017, 09:29 AM
If you have any cancellations - or if anyone wants to sell their spot (if thats even permitted)- id pay $105 for an $85 ticket. Ive never done a set break and im so sad i missed this one!

jburl
01-05-2017, 04:42 PM
The break broadcast is complete!

You can view the full results and video recording here: http://burlssports.com/1952-topps-complete-set-group-break-broadcast/

Thanks to everyone who bought in! Cards should ship out by Tuesday, 1/10. Thanks again!

jburl
01-05-2017, 04:42 PM
If you have any cancellations - or if anyone wants to sell their spot (if thats even permitted)- id pay $105 for an $85 ticket. Ive never done a set break and im so sad i missed this one!

Thanks for the offer, Kevin. We didn't have any cancellations with this one.

Danny Smith
01-05-2017, 05:06 PM
Is there any place to view results rather than watching he video? I couldn't find it on the link above.

Republicaninmass
01-05-2017, 05:33 PM
Is there any place to view results rather than watching he video? I couldn't find it on the link above.

Ditto

jburl
01-05-2017, 05:36 PM

Ditto
Hmm. It is showing up for me. Let me do some digging and get back to ya.

campyfan39
01-05-2017, 05:46 PM
I'm 0-5 in set breaks now I may be done haha

Buythatcard
01-05-2017, 05:51 PM
Watching the set break was awesome. Thought I was going to have a heart attack. Ended up winning 2 commons but loved watching.

Congratulations to the winner of the Mantle.

Thank you Justin for putting some excitement into our lives.

mikemb
01-05-2017, 06:06 PM
Watching the set break was awesome. Thought I was going to have a heart attack. Ended up winning 2 commons but loved watching.

I agree it was awesome! I won a Hank Sauer card, my first 1952 Topps!

Thanks Justin.

Republicaninmass
01-05-2017, 06:16 PM
Billy cox and hi # hal gregg

jb67
01-05-2017, 06:25 PM
My first time watching a set break. Pretty cool and yes the heart rate really gets to pumping. Won the Willie Mays and just missed the Mantle as I was 310. I was hoping my name was back to back as I could see the I won the 310 but could not see 311 yet. #'s 72 Olson, 214 Hopp, 310 Metkovich and 367 Thorpe for me. A lot of fun for sure.

jburl
01-05-2017, 07:25 PM
I'm 0-5 in set breaks now I may be done haha
Bummer! Hope you at least had a little fun with it :)

Glad you enjoyed it! Let's not have any set-break-related cardiac events, though!
I agree it was awesome! I won a Hank Sauer card, my first 1952 Topps!

Thanks Justin.
Thanks for participating!
Billy cox and hi # hal gregg
Great! Does that mean you were able to see the table of results?
My first time watching a set break. Pretty cool and yes the heart rate really gets to pumping. Won the Willie Mays and just missed the Mantle as I was 310. I was hoping my name was back to back as I could see the I won the 310 but could not see 311 yet. #'s 72 Olson, 214 Hopp, 310 Metkovich and 367 Thorpe for me. A lot of fun for sure.
Gratz on the Mays! Glad you enjoyed it, too.