PDA

View Full Version : Need help on Willie Mays signed HOF Ball

btcarfagno
12-17-2016, 12:26 PM
I am not good with Mays in general, and I know that there are a lot of bad ones circulating out there so I want to be catious. Would love to get opinions on this one.

http://i792.photobucket.com/albums/yy203/collectiblesgains/2016/mays_zpswxjdkbag.jpg

Thank you for any help.

Tom C

jimjim
12-18-2016, 09:32 AM
Bad

MikeKam
12-18-2016, 08:13 PM
I saw these too - there's been a huge problem with Mays stuff recently and I wouldn't be surprised if these all came "Say Hey" holo'd. If you check eBay, you can find Mays items with his own hologram selling for like $5-10 per, just a mess at this point.

Kco
12-19-2016, 11:39 AM
Agreed with Mike. I wouldn't touch the SH Holos that are floating on eBay recently. If this was bought a few years ago through a reputable dealer it's one thing. I have a Mays ball w/HOF and Say Hey holo, but it was bought about 4-5 years ago through Steiner. If it's on eBay now I'd probably stay away from
It

btcarfagno
12-19-2016, 04:30 PM
That was why I wanted to ask. The proliferation of bad Mays autos recently coupled with my realative unfamiliarity with the more recent version of his signature made me very hesitant.

Thanks to everyone for your help!

Tom C

rschisler
12-22-2016, 10:41 PM
I've always been curious about the size of the Say Hey holograms. Did those change at some point or is that indicative of a forgery? I bought a Mays ball in 2011 and it has what looks to me to be a larger Say Hey Holo on it than many I've seen.