PDA

View Full Version : 1947-56 Dodgers

EYECOLLECTVINTAGE
12-16-2016, 10:52 AM
Anyone have any random games they are trying to unload for holiday cash? I am trying to add to my collection of stubs and programs home or away to dodger games from 47-56

Shoeless Moe
12-16-2016, 12:12 PM
I have some, and more on the way, so I'll shoot u message with pix over the weekend.

EYECOLLECTVINTAGE
12-16-2016, 01:13 PM
Thanks Paul. Let me know what dates you have today if you can so I can let you know if I need them. I am thinking about donating this master collection eventually to the Hall or some place of significance. I still have a ways to go. This needs to be completed. I am at 248 stubs and 149 programs as of today with more in the mail. Some people are asking crazy prices on stubs and programs though so there are some I havent been able to get yet.

ramram
12-16-2016, 02:28 PM
Hey Stephen,

Looks like you're kind of an expert on Jackie and programs so I thought I'd throw this out your way to see if you might be able to tell me anything more about it. It's a recent scorecard/program, containing six panels, that I picked up of the 1945 Kansas City Royals Negro winter league team. From what little I can find out, there was a short-lived winter league in California in the 40's that included Negro teams and white All-Star teams. The Kansas City Royals included Satchel Paige, Chet Brewer and Jackie Robinson, just after he finished his one short playing period with the Monarchs. The Kent Parker All Stars had a handful of Major and Minor League stars that included Bob Feller.

Rob M