PDA

View Full Version : Check out my new collecting videos!!

Moyni
12-10-2016, 11:35 AM
Hey Net54!! Jarod (jmscoggin) and Mike (Moyni) have started a web series on collecting.

Jarod and I have talked for a long time about making some informative videos about various aspects of collecting cards.

Our first video is below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kL7qB5T74ak&t=54s

This one is about card storage. A widely discussed topic on forums. We try to show some different options as well as providing feedback.

Video number 2 is here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1LIUls9nMo&t=344s

This one centers around the card grading/authentication companies and some general thoughts and opinions about each.

We would love to get any feedback. These are our first attempts. We literally just turned on the camera and started talking.

We know the lighting is TERRIBLE!! Even with our best efforts, that was as bright as we could get it. We will improve that in the future.

We would also love any ideas about future topics you would like to see. Jarod and I have 66 years of collecting experience between us so we could talk about a lot of different things.

Thanks for watching!!

KMayUSA6060
12-10-2016, 12:03 PM
Watched your first video, and am currently watching the second.

I've watched a few of your other videos. What happened to the Sterilite containers you used to use for slabs? Still use them, and just didn't showcase the containers?

mrmopar
12-10-2016, 12:14 PM
I thought I was watching an episode of CSI!

We know the lighting is TERRIBLE!! Even with our best efforts, that was as bright as we could get it. We will improve that in the future.

Moyni
12-10-2016, 12:34 PM
Watched your first video, and am currently watching the second.

I've watched a few of your other videos. What happened to the Sterilite containers you used to use for slabs? Still use them, and just didn't showcase the containers?

I still have them but did not show them in the video. I don't use them anymore.

bnorth
12-10-2016, 12:49 PM
Nice video(2nd one) guys. Don't collect many autos but appreciated you explanation on the differences between the companies.

KMayUSA6060
12-10-2016, 12:51 PM
I still have them but did not show them in the video. I don't use them anymore.

May I ask why not?

Leon
12-10-2016, 04:38 PM
nice work guys...Yeah, get the light thing fixed but otherwise I would rather watch ya'll than a freaking 2016 blaster packer chrome redundant gold refractor break. (or whatever they are)

BruceinGa
12-10-2016, 06:11 PM
I also enjoyed both. Future topics might be where to buy/acquire and sell cards. You can explain pros and cons of eBay, auction houses and bst sites. A comparison of each in reguard to cost and ease of use would be good.
Also, you could discuss insurance rates for collections.
and fix the light ;)

Moyni
12-10-2016, 07:22 PM
May I ask why not?

The slabs did not fit real snug. Also it did not hold enough.

BruceinGa
12-11-2016, 05:33 AM
I still use the Sterilite boxes, about the size of a shoe box. I have about 15 of them and right now I'm happy with them. I have labeled them with a P-Touch label maker, on the end and on each top.
I don't move them much so I'm not concerned that the slabs move around a little. I can see that the custom boxes would be better, at some time in the future.

Moyni
12-12-2016, 04:30 PM
Thanks guys for watching. We already have over 700 views!!