PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have any autographs graded since the new regime has taken over at PSA

Republicaninmass
12-09-2016, 12:03 PM
Grades just popped and it is absolutely unbearable. My failure rate is up 500% percent.

Single owner 50's collection with dates autos were acquired, submitted in numerical order

- toughest ones pass
- "4 in a row" fail (n4, n4, n9, n4)

1 Card passes quick opinion, now fails

1 Card purchased from one of the new graders that's clearly good...fails

2 Cards pass authentication, but deem too trimmed to holder (n9), resub.... fail

Looks like the new lower auto rate means the resub game

theshleps
12-10-2016, 04:17 PM
I had heard that even though there are some well respected fooks on board now, their say and power are limited

Klrdds
12-10-2016, 09:01 PM
I had heard that even though there are some well respected fooks on board now, their say and power are limited

I heard the same thing. New faces but the same old routine . They were basically brought in as face dressing for the company to give a face of respectability and the appearance of change but in reality the company is still the same.

RichardSimon
12-11-2016, 07:51 AM
The company will always be the same.
Bottom line comes first and suck up to the auction houses will always be their guiding principles.

Republicaninmass
12-11-2016, 08:22 AM
Recently I had a large lot with a JSA auction letter. I asked Spence if they photographed the whole lot to be able to tell which cards had actually been authenticated. He explained the didnt photograph the lot, and basically if I were to submit them, it would be on a card by card basis, starting at ground zero, with a "discount" if it was within 45 days of the auction letter.

Moyni
12-11-2016, 10:18 AM
Here is a thread that goes through my recent experience with PSA/DNA

http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=231337

Republicaninmass
03-08-2017, 08:31 AM
Another sub back with HALF (21) failing

never had more than a 1-5% fail rate

4 already had passed jsa
one from Berra museum
one already passed psa's "quick opinion"

Edited: 4 passed JSA

alifaxwa2
03-08-2017, 08:54 AM
May be time to give the old regime a try at the new house.