PDA

View Full Version : Graig Kreindler paintings

Snapolit1
12-09-2016, 11:02 AM
Don't know if Graig is a member, but he should be. Damm his paintings are just unreal. He just finished the Yankee Murders Row one which is second down. I can't draw a circle. . . unreal to me how much talent some people have.

https://twitter.com/GraigKreindler

http://graigkreindler.com/

Jay Wolt
12-09-2016, 11:08 AM
Yes he's a member & has posted his paintings numerous times

Snapolit1
12-09-2016, 11:09 AM
Never noticed before. What a gift.

Jay Wolt
12-09-2016, 11:17 AM
Here's one of Graig's threads

http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=117391

glchen
12-09-2016, 11:28 AM
Whatever happened to the net54 raffle painting for Jose Bautista? Did that ever get finished?

CW
12-09-2016, 12:43 PM
He is an amazing talent and you're going to have fun going through that thread Jay posted. It's very cool to see the "in progress" photos and to see the little sketches Graig pencils in as his guide for the paint.

yanks12025
12-09-2016, 01:53 PM
Whatever happened to the net54 raffle painting for Jose Bautista? Did that ever get finished?

I think it got "knocked out"....

baseball tourist
12-09-2016, 10:20 PM

Graig emailed me a while back explaining why he had to focus on a few other pieces that had been waiting for a while and also had the push and pull of new fatherhood. All good :).

RTK
12-17-2016, 09:36 AM
I was surprised none of his work was on display in the art gallery at the HoF. I even mentioned it to one of the docents. I wish I could buy a piece or two and donate them, it's that good.

yanksfan09
12-17-2016, 09:48 AM
I was surprised none of his work was on display in the art gallery at the HoF. I even mentioned it to one of the docents. I wish I could buy a piece or two and donate them, it's that good.

I thought the same thing when I checked out the art room of the HOF. There's some great stuff in there but the whole time I was thinking none of it compares to Kreindlers stuff!

I mean, I guess that Rockwell fella's okay but compared to Kriendler the rest looked like amateur hour;)

RTK
12-17-2016, 05:37 PM
I thought the same thing when I checked out the art room of the HOF. There's some great stuff in there but the whole time I was thinking none of it compares to Kreindlers stuff!

I mean, I guess that Rockwell fella's okay but compared to Kriendler the rest looked like amateur hour;)

Agreed, it's a fairly small collection but there should be at least one. There also weren't any Brace photo's, which also surprised me.

h2oya311
12-20-2016, 12:38 PM
He is an amazing talent and you're going to have fun going through that thread Jay posted. It's very cool to see the "in progress" photos and to see the little sketches Graig pencils in as his guide for the paint.

Wow! I just spent way too much of my workday going through that thread! Incredible! Simply incredible.

Bicem
12-22-2016, 11:33 PM
Really incredible talent. One day...

clydepepper
12-23-2016, 03:28 PM
Don't know if Graig is a member, but he should be. Damm his paintings are just unreal. He just finished the Yankee Murders Row one which is second down. I can't draw a circle. . . unreal to me how much talent some people have.

https://twitter.com/GraigKreindler

http://graigkreindler.com/

He raffled off his services on this board to one very lucky member. Until bills and fatherhood caught up with him, he was sharing his progress on the requested painting.

Here's the link to that thread:

http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=222334&highlight=bautista+painting

bnorth
12-23-2016, 03:34 PM
He raffled off his services on this board to one very lucky member. Until bills and fatherhood caught up with him, he was sharing his progress on the requested painting.

Here's the link to that thread:

http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=222334&highlight=bautista+painting

I would hope bills had nothing to do with him delaying the raffle painting because he got paid in advance for it.

prestigecollectibles
12-23-2016, 05:34 PM
I know Graig is working on several projects. I'm sure the Bautista will be done soon. No need to speculate.

bnorth
12-23-2016, 06:05 PM
I know Graig is working on several projects. I'm sure the Bautista will be done soon. No need to speculate.

Are you speculating it will be done soon?:)

As long as the winner of the raffle is happy with the time frame of it getting done that is all that really matters.

clydepepper
12-23-2016, 09:26 PM
I would hope bills had nothing to do with him delaying the raffle painting because he got paid in advance for it.

He mentioned fatherhood, so that usually means more bills...that's all I meant.

clydepepper
12-23-2016, 09:28 PM
Are you speculating it will be done soon?:)

As long as the winner of the raffle is happy with the time frame of it getting done that is all that really matters.

Well, I contributed $100, so I hope it was okay for me to enjoy the progress reports. - and I sure want to see the finished work.

Forever Young
12-23-2016, 09:31 PM

Exactly. I am thankful you didn't win the raffle this holiday season.

bnorth
12-23-2016, 09:32 PM
Well, I contributed $100, so I hope it was okay for me to enjoy the progress reports. - and I sure want to see the finished work.

I contributed also and completely agree with you.:)

bnorth
12-23-2016, 09:37 PM
Exactly. I am thankful you didn't win the raffle this holiday season.

Thanks for the kind words. What raffle this holiday season, did I miss something?

Dewey
12-23-2016, 09:54 PM
Hey Ben, don't ever order a custom built guitar from legendary luthier Wayne Henderson. He's got a 10 year waitlist...and his people pay half upfront. Great art takes time, even under optimal conditions.

David Atkatz
12-23-2016, 10:17 PM
Well, I contributed $100, so I hope it was okay for me to enjoy the progress reports. - and I sure want to see the finished work.You didn't "contribute" anything. It was a raffle, not a benefit. You paid for a chance to win. Nothing else.

David Atkatz
12-23-2016, 10:18 PM
I contributed also and completely agree with you.:)You didn't "contribute," either. You bought a chance to win. You didn't win. Graig owes you nothing.

PhilNap
12-23-2016, 10:42 PM
I can attest that Graig's commission wait list can sometimes be lengthy. I also know that he will give these raffle paintings a bit of priority in moving them along ahead of his normal schedule. Which he certainly has no obligation to do. I think it's great that he even does these raffles at all. It's a great opportunity for those that choose to participate. If instant gratification is what one wants, I am sure there are plenty of hack artists that can accommodate. Greatness cannot be rushed. I received my commission this week and I think I can safely say that no one has waited longer for completion of one of Graig's works. It was worth all the years of waiting. A true masterpiece!! Thank you Graig, there is no one better at what you do.

sforaker
12-23-2016, 10:50 PM
Nice, Phil, congratulations! Great work Graig!

Happy Holidays,

Scott

PhilNap
12-23-2016, 11:02 PM
Nice, Phil, congratulations! Great work Graig!

Happy Holidays,

Scott

Thanks Scott. Hope all is well. Happy Holidays to you too!!

Dewey
12-23-2016, 11:02 PM
Phil, that is one of the most remarkable paintings I've ever seen. A heritage piece. Thanks for posting.

billyb
12-23-2016, 11:35 PM
Phil,
What a great painting.
That is one painting, well worth the wait.

Sophiedog
12-23-2016, 11:57 PM
I can attest that Graig's commission wait list can sometimes be lengthy. I also know that he will give these raffle paintings a bit of priority in moving them along ahead of his normal schedule. Which he certainly has no obligation to do. I think it's great that he even does these raffles at all. It's a great opportunity for those that choose to participate. If instant gratification is what one wants, I am sure there are plenty of hack artists that can accommodate. Greatness cannot be rushed. I received my commission this week and I think I can safely say that no one has waited longer for completion of one of Graig's works. It was worth all the years of waiting. A true masterpiece!! Thank you Graig, there is no one better at what you do.

Well said! I agree 100%

baseball tourist
12-24-2016, 12:26 AM

That's me. I am excited to receive the painting without a doubt, but am very comfortable waiting for it in the queue that includes Graig's other clients, fatherhood and family priorities etc.

Thanks again to all the "contibutors"/chance-takers/ticket buyers, Billy for organizing and to Graig for providing me a place in the queue. I wouldn't have gotten there without each of you.

Happy Holidays everyone. Phil, your painting is incredible. Enjoy!

bnorth
12-24-2016, 07:36 AM
Sure did ruffle a lot of feathers for a comment that was not in any way meant to disrespect anyone.

Read the previous posts I said how great his work is as much as anyone else.

I understand the wait times when you commission one of his amazing paintings. Now when he is coming on here and is raffling a paining to me that is very different. IMHO someone should not raffle something if the prize can't be delivered in a timely manner or at least note that it could be a very long time before the prize is delivered.

Go ahead and bash me all you want, this is my last post on this subject.

PhilNap
12-24-2016, 07:44 AM
Not bashing anyone but perhaps your definition of "timely manner" for a piece of custom fine art is unrealistic.

Sure did ruffle a lot of feathers for a comment that was not in any way meant to disrespect anyone.

Read the previous posts I said how great his work is as much as anyone else.

I understand the wait times when you commission one of his amazing paintings. Now when he is coming on here and is raffling a paining to me that is very different. IMHO someone should not raffle something if the prize can't be delivered in a timely manner or at least note that it could be a very long time before the prize is delivered.

Go ahead and bash me all you want, this is my last post on this subject.

Forever Young
12-24-2016, 09:04 AM

Right.... totally respectful and necessary in every way. Especislly after the winner already posted just prior to you.

Graig is many things... a half pint, an Ewok, a munchkin, an elf...but a "dine and dasher" he is not.

Clearly others don't agree with your humble opinion on this subject.

gnaz01
12-24-2016, 09:16 AM
Graig is a class act 1000%, I waited a while for this and I didn't care one bit because I trust him. Oh here it is......

Lordstan
12-24-2016, 09:18 AM
Graig is a class act 1000%, I waited a while for this and I didn't care one bit because I trust him. Oh here it is......

Just spectacular

Lordstan
12-24-2016, 09:27 AM
I think the reason you comments have been viewed so harshly is because these raffles have been done by Graig to give back to us. When Jimmy C first came on here talking about Graig, he was still a relatively new painter in the world of sports. It is Graig's stated belief, that because of our encouragement and support that he has grown the way he has. He has agreed to do these raffles to allow the many of us here that cannot afford the full price of one of his paintings a way to possibly obtain one. I think the majority of us here are very appreciative that Graig has allowed Net54 members to do this and so do take offense when someone complains because it hasn't finished as fast as they would have wanted it to. Really, if he had said that it would be 2yrs to complete the painting how many of us would not have bought the same amount of tickets? Probably very few.

I sincerely hope that Graig is not put off from doing another raffle by your sentiments. I hope he knows that they are not shared by the rest of us. I know I will wait as long as needed for anything he ever does for me.

tiger8mush
12-24-2016, 09:28 AM
Phil and Greg, those are breathtaking. WOW.

asoriano
12-24-2016, 10:01 AM
I think the reason you comments have been viewed so harshly is because these raffles have been done by Graig to give back to us. When Jimmy C first came on here talking about Graig, he was still a relatively new painter in the world of sports. It is Graig's stated belief, that because of our encouragement and support that he has grown the way he has. He has agreed to do these raffles to allow the many of us here that cannot afford the full price of one of his paintings a way to possibly obtain one. I think the majority of us here are very appreciative that Graig has allowed Net54 members to do this and so do take offense when someone complains because it hasn't finished as fast as they would have wanted it to. Really, if he had said that it would be 2yrs to complete the painting how many of us would not have bought the same amount of tickets? Probably very few.

I sincerely hope that Graig is not put off from doing another raffle by your sentiments. I hope he knows that they are not shared by the rest of us. I know I will wait as long as needed for anything he ever does for me.

Well said, Mark.

Scott Garner
12-24-2016, 12:52 PM
I can attest to the fact that working with Graig Kreindler was nothing but a 100% joyful experience.

He is fantastic to work with & I would recommend him to everyone.
Perfection doesn't happen overnight.
It's completely worth whatever amount of time it takes to create a masterpiece.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to everyone on net54! ;)

Leon
12-24-2016, 12:57 PM

Graig is many things... a half pint, an Ewok, a munchkin, an elf...but a "dine and dasher" he is not.

I think half pint is short changing him. He (hey Graig) is 2/3 pint, at least. And put me in the corner of a big admirer of his work. I am empathetic to the comments towards him too. Sometimes people are oblivious to being rude (I am being polite).

icollectDCsports
12-24-2016, 01:23 PM
I can attest to the fact that working with Graig Kreindler was nothing but a 100% joyful experience.

He is fantastic to work with & I would recommend him to everyone.
Perfection doesn't happen overnight.
It's completely worth whatever amount of time it takes to create a masterpiece.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to everyone on net54! ;)

Wow! Another great painting by Graig. I love it when folks share images of the paintings he's done for them. The hits keep on coming.

billyb
12-24-2016, 01:33 PM
To All,
First, I want to wish everyone a Merry Xmas to you and all your families.

As far as a timely fashion on any of Craig.s paintings, I don't think anyone wants Graig to work on a timely fashion. Graig is just busy. His work is created so well because it is done on his own pace, not ours. Personally, I would wait half a lifetime for one of his pieces, so I better hurry and put in my request, because if he holds me to that half a lifetime, the other 70 years will be here before I know it.
Love all your work Craig, keep up the great work.

Forever Young
12-24-2016, 01:48 PM
Bill,

I totally agree. I literally told Graigy poo numerous times during this one not to hurry .. to take as much time as he needs.. I wanted his best work. I almost didn't want him to finish.. "keep working Graig! Better! More! Sweat! Bleed! #whiplash"! Ha!

He is the man.

Ben

clydepepper
12-24-2016, 01:51 PM
You didn't "contribute" anything. It was a raffle, not a benefit. You paid for a chance to win. Nothing else.

David- as to your comments to me and Ben, we never said we were owed anything!

Bless Your Heart

slidekellyslide
12-24-2016, 08:35 PM
Bill,

I totally agree. I literally told Graigy poo numerous times during this one not to hurry .. to take as much time as he needs.. I wanted his best work. I almost didn't want him to finish.. "keep working Graig! Better! More! Sweat! Bleed! #whiplash"! Ha!

He is the man.

Ben

Gorgeous painting! Someday I will own a Kreindler. Some day!

whitehse
12-24-2016, 09:39 PM

You need to take this one on a traveleing exhibit as this is the one painting I was hoping to see in person.

Dewey
12-24-2016, 10:26 PM
You need to take this one on a traveleing exhibit as this is the one painting I was hoping to see in person.

This!

ramram
12-25-2016, 05:25 PM
Graig has turned into a Hall of Famer and I think all of us on the forum like to feel like he is one of us and therefore are very protective of him. Plus, he is a class act, approachable and very modest. I just hope he's finding that perfect balance of parenthood and working.

Rob M

Lordstan
12-25-2016, 08:59 PM
Fine. I will add mine too. Looks even better in person.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v222/lordstan/Louframessm.jpg

thecatspajamas
12-26-2016, 11:17 AM
Graig emailed me a while back explaining why he had to focus on a few other pieces that had been waiting for a while and also had the push and pull of new fatherhood. All good :).

'Nuff said.

But I'll say some more anyway.

If any of you guys have never had to juggle working from home with being a new father, it may be difficult to understand just how much distraction it adds to what used to be work time. It's bad enough when outsiders think that "working from home" means you don't really have a set schedule and should be able to help them out with whatever whenever. Add a kid into the mix, and large portions of what used to be work time are frequently hijacked for other tasks that, while often more important and satisfying, do not get the "work" done. It also doesn't help that much of Graig's "day job" is mental/contemplative in nature and requires a certain amount of "getting in the zone" such that multiple shorter chunks of work time punctuated by interruptions is not as productive as an equivalent single span of uninterrupted time.

It takes some time to find a balance between wanting to be involved in everything as a new father, and figuring out how much work time can be sacrificed while still making ends meet. Having been in a similar situation myself, I can say it certainly is not an easy balance to strike. In my case, after adding a second boy into the mix, I wound up having to go back to working a regular job outside the house in order to have that clear break between home and work (and make sure enough work got done to pay the bills).

All that said, the only ones he really owes anything to are his clients, one of whom has already spoken above and stated he is okay with waiting for his piece of perfection. And I guess his agent, Dean, who may already have dibs on that first born son if Graig doesn't produce anyway ;) The rest of us should just be happy that Graig continues to offer insight into his process and updates on his works-in-progress so that we get to see each masterpiece unfold. I honestly can't think of another artist of Graig's caliber who is as down-to-earth and accessible!

gnaz01
12-26-2016, 07:14 PM
I honestly can't think of another artist of Graig's caliber who is as down-to-earth and accessible!

This sums EVERYTHING up!!! +1000