PDA

View Full Version : Major issue with PSA….anybody have this happen to them?

maximus35
12-08-2016, 04:06 PM
So I have a major problem with PSA. I sent in 5 cards (some raw, some for crossover and one reholder). The card for reholder was Nolan Ryan Rookie PSA 7. Well the package got delivered on friday Dec 2. It was not until wed Dec 7 I get an email saying they received my order but the Nolan Ryan was not in there. Thats a $2000 card missing. I said no way was the card missing, I know for a fact it was in there. I should have took a video of me packing the cards but next time I know to do so.

Anyways, the person i spoke with said they reviewed the security cameras of my package being opened and the Nolan Ryan was not in there. Well wtf happened to my package over the weekend and the following 3 days it was sitting there until they decided to open it and tell me the card was missing? They said according the the security camera footage my Nolan Ryan was not in there. I asked for a copy of the footage because if it was not in there, that means it was stolen by someone after I mailed it. I searched my house high and dry thinking maybe i forgot to put it in there even though I know for a fact it was packed inside.

So now I dunno what to do. Its my word vs their word. I know my card was in there but the security camera says it was not (unless the guy just told me that over the phone and did not really looked at the security footage). I am still waiting to see the footage to see if anything looks suspicious. They said I would get a copy to review. I packaged everything a certain way on purpose so if anything looks out of place I will know.

My question is has this happened to anybody else and what was the end result?? Now i am scared to send any more cards off to PSA. Thank GOd I did not send my Hank Aaron rookie and bowman Mantle rookie for reholder service in this same package. Ma.rk Ne.ss

Neal
12-08-2016, 05:48 PM
Were they all on the same invoice? Perhaps the raw cards were on one invoice, the reholders and crossover on another, and those have not been entered into the system?

I do not believe PSA allows different services on the same invoice

Hope everything turns out okay.

Snapolit1
12-08-2016, 05:49 PM
Cripes, that sucks. I would also ask for pictures of the packaging as it arrived if they have it.

I have a similar, maybe less serious situation. I sold some guy a $400 card on eBay and he has started a refund inquiry saying the case was not closed. Huh? PSA sealed tight. I packed it myself and had the card for years. Also says the card is not in very good condition and I checked that box on eBay. Probably was a default from some prior sale. Card was PSA 3 and I had 3 or 4 photos. I'm guessing he woke up one day and realized he had no money for his wife!s Christmas present. What a joker. I don't plan on budging one bit.

swarmee
12-09-2016, 05:42 AM
Yes, you should have sent in multiple order forms for each type of submission, because they charge separate return shipping for each type of submission (because they are due back at different times and they don't want to store them).
However, if the card was in the package, yes they should authorize you the video of the box being opened. I know that they will not open any box that has been tampered with in the mail, they normally mail it back to you so that you can file for insurance with the post office. Did you insure your package?

Republicaninmass
12-09-2016, 07:05 AM
I'd be willing to say it's next to impossible. Hold out hope!

1952boyntoncollector
12-09-2016, 09:33 AM
So I have a major problem with PSA. I sent in 5 cards (some raw, some for crossover and one reholder). The card for reholder was Nolan Ryan Rookie PSA 7. Well the package got delivered on friday Dec 2. It was not until wed Dec 7 I get an email saying they received my order but the Nolan Ryan was not in there. Thats a $2000 card missing. I said no way was the card missing, I know for a fact it was in there. I should have took a video of me packing the cards but next time I know to do so.

Anyways, the person i spoke with said they reviewed the security cameras of my package being opened and the Nolan Ryan was not in there. Well wtf happened to my package over the weekend and the following 3 days it was sitting there until they decided to open it and tell me the card was missing? They said according the the security camera footage my Nolan Ryan was not in there. I asked for a copy of the footage because if it was not in there, that means it was stolen by someone after I mailed it. I searched my house high and dry thinking maybe i forgot to put it in there even though I know for a fact it was packed inside.

So now I dunno what to do. Its my word vs their word. I know my card was in there but the security camera says it was not (unless the guy just told me that over the phone and did not really looked at the security footage). I am still waiting to see the footage to see if anything looks suspicious. They said I would get a copy to review. I packaged everything a certain way on purpose so if anything looks out of place I will know.

My question is has this happened to anybody else and what was the end result?? Now i am scared to send any more cards off to PSA. Thank GOd I did not send my Hank Aaron rookie and bowman Mantle rookie for reholder service in this same package.

Thats why you buy insurance. For many people there are cards we could make a tidy profit with insurance if PSA all of the sudden lost everything.

It does suck but this is a rare story considering the 1000s of submissions with no issues.

Before you send the mantle or aaron rookie perhaps you shoudl take a picture of it with a way to prove the date you have it before sending off (if looking to sell you can list on b/s/t as well)

Snapolit1
12-09-2016, 03:12 PM
Also check your home owners policy. If you have arts or valuable contents coverage, there might be a shot it would cover a card lost in transit. Worth looking or calling your insurance agent at least.

pokerplyr80
12-09-2016, 03:57 PM
I have never heard of that happening. I have sent a few packages to PSA with cards at different service levels, but include separate forms for each. It's unclear if you took this step or if insurance was purchased. Hopefully it was. Good luck either way but if you didn't I'm not sure what recourse you could have.

As for the 3 days I have had similar delays from when an order arrived to when it was entered in their system. This is common at lower service levels. Reholders are not a high priority.

swarmee
12-09-2016, 05:21 PM
Logging in a package from PSA can take up to 10 calendar days, especially if you don't put your most valuable service submission on the outside of the box. My last one combined a bulk order (33 cards), a review (5) and crossover (10) club renewal special, and a 3 card freebie for completing registry sets. I wrote "Member renewal sub" on the outside and the entire contents were logged in only 3 days. The bulk submission even finished after one month, not two like normal. Still waiting for the 3-card submission with the 1957 Topps Roberto Clemente, '57 Frank Robinson rookie, and T51 Michigan with Number on Front.

Johnny630
12-09-2016, 09:57 PM
This makes me want to only submit high value cards in person at shows. I've always bought insurance through USPS Priority with no issues. Still scary, I hope the cards turn up or your insurance policy helps you out. Good Luck

philliesphan
12-10-2016, 04:14 AM
I'm pretty sure that PSA's security procedures are fairly rigorous these days.

Mainly because (a decade ago?), Dan sent in a T206 Magie to PSA, and it was concluded, upon litigation, that the controls and procedures PSA had in place for receiving packages was inadequate.

Good luck in finding your Ryan card.

clydepepper
12-10-2016, 06:15 AM
I think they state pretty clearly that items to be graded should be on separate forms if you are requesting different services.

I have not submitted in a few years, but I definitely remember that.

You need to let them know that detail and see what they say. I'm not sure how those cards not handled by the area to which your package is delivered are handled, since, once separated, they wouldn't have a submission number associated with them.

You were expecting folks that supposedly work on a high volume of incoming items to deviate from their regular procedures.

It is a good lesson to always know the details and following stated rules and requirements.

I realize this may sound like you are to blame, but, based on what you described, that is the case.

Exercise patience in resolving this issue and learn from it.

Good Luck,
-Raymond

-

swarmee
12-10-2016, 07:50 AM
They will contact you if they have to deviate from their normal procedures. The 15 I sent in for review/crossover I had as a crossover request with 15 (5 PSA, 10 other). They split it into two orders for me, and asked to process additional shipping on the 5.

They will also contact you if all the cards in your order are not there, or there is a card extraneous.

AustinMike
12-10-2016, 08:27 AM
You were expecting folks that supposedly work on a high volume of incoming items to deviate from their regular procedures.

It is a good lesson to always know the details and following stated rules and requirements.

I realize this may sound like you are to blame, but, based on what you described, that is the case.
-

I'm sorry, but I do not agree. Not following PSA rules on how to submit cards is NOT an excuse to having a card disappear after the envelope is opened at PSA (if that is what happened here, not saying it is) and thereby the fault of the submitter for the lost card. If the card was lost at PSA after the envelope was opened, PSA is solely to blame for the lost card, not the submitter.

mybestbretts
12-11-2016, 08:49 PM
Hi, I have sent you a message about my lost cards at PSA. I would hold
their feet to the fire to produce photo's of the box being opened. They lost my cards and claimed they didn't have them. They excepted my package, then
4 hrs later the tracking changed to received opened and returned to sender.
I got an empty box back. I won't go into everything I did, but about 4 weeks
later, my grades showed up at PSA and I got my cards back with no explanation. I know where your coming from, when that happens its your
word against theirs as to the contents of the box. You can read what I
did in the message.

murphy8276
12-22-2016, 05:45 PM
Any update to this?

ngnichols
01-27-2017, 11:22 AM
One of the very reasons I'm glad I live 10 minutes from Beckett and can go drop my cards off directly to someone I know and have dealt with repeatedly. I am extremely hesitant to send off anything of significant value to someone I don't know and have never dealt with.