PDA

View Full Version : The Age os Specialization Reaches Another Level.

clydepepper
12-08-2016, 08:31 AM
Among listed transactions, this was found:

December 7

Arizona- named Dan Haren pitching strategist

- now wait, let that soak in a little...

And....also on December 7

Boston - promoted Todd Claus to global scouting supervisor

You just can't make this stuff up

wow

dgo71
12-08-2016, 08:39 PM
I can buy into global scouting, particularly with an international draft likely coming sooner than later. But pitching strategist? Wow, lots of ways to stay in the game after one's playing days are over.

clydepepper
12-09-2016, 12:48 PM
I can buy into global scouting, particularly with an international draft likely coming sooner than later. But pitching strategist? Wow, lots of ways to stay in the game after one's playing days are over.

I'm guessing Todd would have been busy this month anyway, huh?

sc

itjclarke
12-11-2016, 04:30 AM
Among listed transactions, this was found:

December 7

Arizona- named Dan Haren pitching strategist

- now wait, let that soak in a little...

And....also on December 7

Boston - promoted Todd Claus to global scouting supervisor

You just can't make this stuff up

wow

He's a solid fantasy basketball strategist too, he's currently beating me 8-2 this week.

Tripredacus
12-12-2016, 01:20 PM
I had a small chat about this with the guy who delivered my new refridgerator. When he called ahead of time to say he was 30 minutes away, he used some three word term to say his job title. I can't even remember what it was, but it sounded way more complicated or maybe prestigous than "the guy who can lift a fridge out of a truck."

Oh well, it happens. I've worked plenty of jobs where the company makes up job titles like that.

chaddurbin
12-13-2016, 12:01 AM
It's the rich hill effect. If haren can help one struggling pitcher to contribute one war to the big League team...then it's well worth whatever his salary is (prolly less than 7 figure)