PDA

View Full Version : Vintage Card Shows

Donscards
12-07-2016, 07:54 AM
The last few days I have seen plenty of complaints about the Philly show---I would like to mention a few good shows----The Greater Boston show---I feel this is one of the Best Vintage shows in the country---Plenty of Veteran Dealers--over 300 tables with Vintage cards, Memorabilia etc.----The White Plains Show (another great show) I set up at both of those shows and the dealers enjoy them as do the collectors (and I always enjoy when a net 54 member introduces himself to me)---One other good show is the Chantilly show, I did set up there last summer and it was a very good show--Joe Drelich treats the dealers great---I just wish it was a little closer for me---anyway, my two cents on shows.

KMayUSA6060
12-07-2016, 08:00 AM
As I've only started attending shows in the past year or two, I've heard of a good show near me that takes place in the spring of each year in Strongsville, OH. I hear it's great for vintage. Any board members attend this one?

midmo
12-07-2016, 08:46 AM
As I've only started attending shows in the past year or two, I've heard of a good show near me that takes place in the spring of each year in Strongsville, OH. I hear it's great for vintage. Any board members attend this one?

I went to Strongsville this year and met a couple members, made some new dealer connections and picked up a few items on my wantlist. Also went to a Cavs playoff game, a couple Indians games, the Rock n Roll HoF and Canton. All in all it was a pretty great 3 day weekend. I'd definitely check it out if you're close.

http://www.collectingbrooklyn.com/net54/ohio2016.jpg

Yoda
12-07-2016, 11:13 AM
The best show will always be the National.

jbsports33
12-07-2016, 08:46 PM
Don - I agree the Boston area is strong and the show seems to get a bit better again each year after a few slow years back in 2011 or so

Having one in the Spring helps as well, may not be the Same as the fall, but can still get some deals done to make it worth going to

Jimmy

Leon
12-11-2016, 06:32 PM
Rich K had a very well attended show yesterday. The bagels and cream cheese were nice too. I only ate half the (kosher) ham and cheese sandwich I brought. :) ...Good day overall!! Looking forward to the DallasCardShow this weekend....Setting up there too and should be a lot of fun as always.

Vintage "Pre or Post" War is usually a little sparse at the shows, but for me, it's less competition. Every now and then a few good things pop up and I have made some good vintage buys at the shows. The National is always the best. One of these days I hope to travel to set up at some of the good ones in the north and northeast.

Bobsbats
12-12-2016, 07:13 PM
While I agree that the Classic Vintage Shows have diminished over the years, I'd still think the March and September Show are still very solid.
I also think that because that show feels like its lost some of its luster, it only feels that way because for 40 Years (Maybe the first 28-30 years) its been like a 2nd National with what you would see there. There are still quality vintage items all over the March and September shows.
I think that if Hunt lowered the cost of the table prices, some of the old/vintage guys would come back.
Just my .02

basesareempty
12-13-2016, 08:18 AM
While I agree that the Classic Vintage Shows have diminished over the years, I'd still think the March and September Show are still very solid.
I also think that because that show feels like its lost some of its luster, it only feels that way because for 40 Years (Maybe the first 28-30 years) its been like a 2nd National with what you would see there. There are still quality vintage items all over the March and September shows.
I think that if Hunt lowered the cost of the table prices, some of the old/vintage guys would come back.
Just my .02

I agree!